We are seeking an exceptional individual to lead our U11’s & U12’s Sport Science provisions, focusing primarily on the planning, implementing and monitoring on-field physical conditioning and gym-based Strength sessions here at Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club
• Deliver individual ‘Strength and Conditioning’ related sessions to a range of different abilities and age groups (Foundation and Youth Phases)
• Plan and coach warm up sessions that include a speed, agility or plyometric element to foundation and youth football players
• Implement systematic physiological (field-based) and anthropometric testing periods for a range of age groups within the academy and analyse the data from these testing periods
• Provide match day support that includes warm up and cool downs
• Plan and implement player-specific conditioning programs for players at the end stages of rehabilitation.
• Assist in the formulation and delivery of injury prevention programmes.
• Provide regular oral and written reports at appropriate meetings associated with the Strength and Conditioning support (athlete programme design, athlete attendance and adherence, test and monitoring reports, programme overview, review and updates).
• Initiate and contribute to special projects that are part of the wider development of the medical and exercise science department at the football club
• Oversee and lead Internship development
• To complete 6-8 weekly multi-disciplinary reviews for each player, providing short, mediumand long-term action points
• Completion of the training register for all players, including session and player evaluation of training within 24 hours on the online management tool (PMA).
• Monitor training load through GPS; analyse data and report back to coaching staff and physiotherapists post training.
• Oversee movement preparation sessions to players in the Foundation and youth phases
• Compliance with Club policies
• Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
• Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies
• To promote the Club’s values
• To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the Club
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
• To maintain professional conduct at all times
• This role involves working with children and/or adults at risk in a Regulated Activity (or in close proximity to children and/or adults at risk). This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people
• Head of Academy Sport Science
• Head of Academy Coaching and the remaining MDT staff members U18’s; (U16’s and U23’s)
• Members of the Sport Science department
• Football Administration Department
Closing Date - Thursday 30th June, 5pm