The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET
Technology is key to the FA's transformation. From supporting grassroots via our day-to-day digital presence, to using data-led insights to drive the game – to developing future focused platforms for professional football – our Digital Technology team is central to our future.
Whilst investment in technology to make the experience of all participants relevant and easy, is already at the heart of how we can serve the game, we are looking to invest even further and deliver in a more iterative way, forming product lines and fully moving towards an Agile, Product Management framework.
By 2024, we will upgrade and simplify our core football administration system (moving from Whole Game System to Platform for Football) and provide enhanced capability to England teams.
Our product lines cover all those that RUN, PLAY, LEARN as well as our responsibility to REGULATE, WIN and leverage DATA whilst also ensuring sufficient focus on the CORE BUSINESS online and PLATFORMS that support each product and service across the organisation.
Join us in helping to DECIDE THE GAME and HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET.
Reporting into the Head of Digital Governance and Transformation this role is responsible for the introduction and dissemination of transformation and change management best practice and policy. Rapid digital acceleration has brought organisational and operating model change to the forefront, the resulting push to product management must be supported by a good governance framework and a culture that supports change. In an era of digitalisation, we must increasingly focus on transformation and digital adoption for the FA's investment in technology to create value, as the lines between technology and the business divisions become blurred. This role will introduce thought leadership in transformation and change management policy and frameworks and will initially support the transformation implementation within the Digital Technology (DT) division.
Transformation and Change Management
• Define and implement change management best practice that will support the introduction of new ways of working, digital technology, and accountabilities
• Introduce transformation framework that provides a repeatable structure, that can be used in the implementation of new digital technology throughout the FA and Country FA network.
• Create guidelines and policies, tools and techniques that will results in the creation of a centre of excellence for change management and transformation programmes
• Be an ambassador of change management and communication of change allowing the FA to accelerate the adoption of its digital investments
• Be an educator to business owners within the FA of their roles and responsibilities in the change process.
• Articulate change management techniques in a pragmatic and concise way that will reduce negativity and resistance to change
• Define measurements that will track the change processes
DTE Operating Model
• Creates the Digital Technology Change Management and Transformation Framework, defining tools, policies, guides, and techniques
• Keeps and maintains and central library of the Change Management Framework and supporting policies and templates
• Defines and maintains thought leadership in change management theory and explores how best to implement and communicate change for the County FA network
Implementation of Digital Technology Transformation project
• Drive the implementation of the DT restructuring and digital transformation plan
• Embed the new operating model, ways of working and delivery framework across DTE
• Implement a measure of change within this transformation process.
• Continue to review and iterate the DT Operating Model as thinking evolves. Focus and accelerate digital transformation of the organisation.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
Closing: 8 Jul 2022