Be part of the club medical department delivering excellent care and meeting all medical needs of the club’s players. Be responsible for the provision of physiotherapy and first aid services to the NTFC First team. Support the Head of Physiotherapy to meet the medical needs of the club and assist the club’s academy.
• Main duties include providing assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation for the first team players.
• Support with medical screenings and physical testing of players.
• To ensure appropriate soft tissue and manual therapy interventions are carried out to a high standard for all first team players.
• To ensure that appropriate and comprehensive medical notes are completed in line with CSP/HCPC/ GDPR standards.
• To assist the academy medical staff and players as required.
• To attend games and assist the Head of Physiotherapy as required.
• Provide pitch side cover.
• To be part of the off-season medical rota for the professional playing squad to ensure continuity of treatment.
• To comply with all aspects of the Club’s “Code of Conduct”.
• To ensure all CPD requirements are met in accordance with role and ongoing personal development.
• Adhere to Health & Safety Regulations.
• The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
To also be responsible to:
• The Head of Physiotherapy on all major decisions.
• The Head of Physiotherapy regarding injuries, diagnosis, treatment, and rehab progression
• BSc/MSc Physiotherapy
• Valid CSP and HCPC membership.
• FA Advanced Trauma Medical Management Qualification (ATMMiF) or willing to acquire.
• FA Safeguarding Qualification.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• The ability to work on own initiative as well as being able to work as part of a team.
• To work flexible hours as the role requires – including evenings, weekends, public holidays.
• A commitment to continuing professional development.
• Previous experience working in an elite sports environment.
Additional requirements that would be ideal but not a requirement for shortlisting.
• Therapist experience within an elite professional football environment.
• Hold a full driving license.
• Sports massage qualification
• To undertake required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety training.
• To ensure that the Club’s Safe-guarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are always adhered to.
• The role includes evening and weekend working.
Closing date: 30th June 2022