JOB TITLE: Performance Coach, Academy
REPORTING TO: Head of Performance Services, Academy
LOCATION: City Football Academy; Orangeburg, New York, and St. John’s University, Queens.
Athletic development is a fundamental component of our players’ long-term progress and is therefore crucial to delivering sustainable success at New York City Football Club. As such, an aligned and consistent approach to physical development is a core focus for the interdisciplinary team, building robustness and injury resilience for our players, while also providing the underpinning for sporting performance. Additionally, this teaches our players how to live a healthy life, a knowledge that allows them to thrive as both athletes and humans.
As such, this role will deliver physical development programs that ensure optimal physical development for Academy Players with the guidance and leadership of the Academy Head of Performance Services.
The position will plan and deliver the athlete development program to Academy Players. This will include working alongside the Head of Performance Services in the delivery of best practice physical training, preparation, and performance support to all our Academy players throughout the U12-U17 age groups.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plan, deliver, and evaluate physical development sessions for Academy teams.
- Practically implement and counsel players on optimal strategies for recovery, including nutrition and sleep advice.
- Perform routine physical testing and workload monitoring, ensuring high standards of data collection.
- Support the Head of Performance Services with data collation, analysis, reporting, and providing feedback to coaches, players, and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other NYCFC Performance Coaches to develop and implement long-term athlete development plans and strategies that prepare players optimally for now and the future
- Work collaboratively with our interdisciplinary team, particularly with staff for NYCFC II
- Collaborate with the Head of Performance Services to effectively periodize training across all Academy teams, with an aim to concurrently optimize physical development and on-field performance.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 2+ years paid experience.
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) accreditation.
- History of working with and developing young elite athletes.
- Understanding and experience employing ‘Tactical Periodization’.
- Coaching License C or B (Preferred)
- Spanish speaker (preferred, not mandatory)
- Microsoft office proficient
- Academy Director
- Head of Performance Services
- Academy Athletic Trainers
- Academy Coaches
- NYCFCII Performance Coach and Athletic Trainer
- NYCFCII Coaches
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
This exempt position has an estimated annual base salary of $55,000. Final compensation offer amounts are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors such as certifications and software expertise. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City Football Club (NYCFC), we are on a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club has qualified for the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs for the last seven consecutive seasons, winning the MLS Cup in 2021. Games are broadcast through MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and Major League Soccer that will have every match of the MLS regular season, Audi MLS Cup Playoffs and Leagues Cup all in one place and with no blackouts. NYCFC’s combined 3.3 million social media following across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter is the second-highest among MLS clubs. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/.
New York City Football Club is also one of 11 clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK, Espérance Sportive Troyes AC and Palermo FC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.