JOB TITLE: Performance Coach, Academy
LOCATION: City Football Academy; Orangeburg, New York and St. Johns University; Queens.
REPORTING TO: Head of Performance Services
Responsible for the planning and delivery of physical development programs, to ensure optimal physical development for Academy Players under the management and leadership of Head of Performance Services.
The position will plan and deliver the athlete development program to Academy Players. The Athletic development is a fundamental component of young players’ long-term progress and is therefore crucial to delivering sustainable success at New York City Football Club.
The role will include working with the our HOPS with the delivery of best practice support to Academy players throughout the age groups U12-U17. Including strength & conditioning, nutrition, recovery, injury prevention, and fitness testing programs, among other tasks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plan, deliver and evaluate physical development sessions for Academy teams. Primarily working with age groups between 12 - 17.
- Working with team and individuals to maximizing performance
- Collaborate with other NYCFC Performance Coaches with the development and implementation of the NYCFC High Performance philosophy that will integrate into the vision and structure of the club.
- Assist with the monitoring and assessment of Academy players physical development. This will include supporting HOPS with management of data collection, analysis, reporting and providing feedback to coaches and players.
- Assist with the practical implementation of appropriate nutrition and hydration strategies for players.
- Apply an interdisciplinary approach with close links to other stakeholders including the NYCFC II
- Conducting Periodization of Academy team teams in collaboration with HOPS.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 2+ years paid experience in a soccer environment -Working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Know how of Tactical Periodization and
- Certified strength & conditioning coach (CSCS)
- History of working with young athletes
- Coaching License C or B (Preferred)
- Spanish speaker (preferred, not mandatory)
- Microsoft office proficient
- Academy Director
- Head of Performance Services
- Medical Lead – Academy
- Academy Coaches
- NYCFC II Team
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
- WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most- followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.