About The Miami Football Club:
The Miami Football Club is Miami’s longest-tenured professional soccer club, owned by Silva International Investments owner Riccardo Silva. Ahead of the 2020 season, the club joined the United Soccer League's The Championship, one of the most successful professional soccer leagues in the world, reaching a population of more than 84 million and fueling the growth of the game across North America.
Prior to joining the USL, The Miami FC played in the North American Soccer League (NASL) during its first two years and achieved a historic season in 2017, winning the Spring Season and Fall Season Championships, along with breaking several modern day NASL team and individual records. In 2018, the club began play in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) and dominated its competition on its way to three trophies, including the NPSL National Championship. Similar success followed in 2019, defending the NPSL National Championship before joining the inaugural NISA Showcase where they were crowned East Coast Champions in November 2019.
The Miami Football Club is actively seeking a Manager of Community Engagement to drive community engagement and positive impact throughout the Miami-Dade region for the USL Championship club with the goal of developing and executing The Miami FC’s “Fútbol305” Community Initiatives including integrating those initiatives with The Miami FC gameday and brand experiences.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aid in amplifying the Fútbol305 overall community engagement strategy by developing innovative opportunities to engage with the community throughout the Miami-Dade region that align with the Club’s diversity and inclusion outreach.
- Identify and implement significant community engagement opportunities for staff, players and mascot appearances throughout Miami-Dade and in communities of need.
- Manage and track staff and player community-related appearances.
- Lead the coordination of game presentation elements tied to community programs including gameday music/entertainment, sponsor activations, in-game promotions and related gameday announcements.
- Collaborate closely with marketing & sales and communications departments to align Miami FC brand initiatives with the Fútbol305 community engagement strategy.
- Identify and execute pre, post, and in-game community engagement and philanthropic opportunities to support theme nights and applicable foundation fundraising.
- Work with area non-profit groups to promote tickets and group sales as fundraisers for their organizations.
- Facilitate outside requests for charitable, promotional and community appearances and donations.
- Develop and foster relationships between The Miami FC and non-profit & community groups.
- Activate and fulfill community-related elements as agreed to in partnership agreements.
- Track and document program outcomes and impact for community initiatives and assist with the development of the Annual Fútbol305 Community Engagement Report
- 3-5 years’ experience in community relations within sports or entertainment
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including ability to proactively engage audiences and meet people at community events
- Experience managing and monitoring a budget
- Disciplined project management skills, including time management and internal communication on project timelines and requests
- Ability to acquire or produce and maintain a valid driver’s license and meet company vehicle driving standards
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) Able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as needed.
- Ability to travel outside the office and work independently using good discretion in challenging situations.
- Able to travel and gain access to various areas of the stadium for prolonged periods of time during games and events.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
The Miami FC, LLC. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.