An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Chef to join the Club. Reporting to the Executive Chef this role will lead the kitchen department, providing support and direction to the Kitchen teams, ensuring a consistent, high quality and dynamic service is provided at all times, across all events.
- Act as deputy to the Executive Chef as required.
- Implement and oversee the highest standards of culinary excellence across all stadium operations
- Deliver bespoke projects and assignments as directed by the Executive Chef, ensuring the high standards of performance, efficient and productivity are reached at all times.
- Continuously review all food service areas with a view of identifying any gaps in efficiencies and standards and also opportunities for improvement and growth. with strategic planning to improve all culinary operations
- Ensure sufficient levels of staffing are maintained at all times by utilizing effective recruitment and training & development planning.
- Support the Executive Chef with daily operational delivery, management of food and labour costs, menu planning and product ordering
- To deliver service excellence through the implementation and achievement of agreed standards
- Review production and service , maintain and make recommendations for improvements in standards of production and service.
- To ensure the highest standards of food hygiene and food handling are achieved by all employees within kitchen areas.
- Ensure the effective and timely processing of payroll information for Kitchen colleagues.
- Work alongside the Health & Safety Manager to ensure continued compliance with all relevant Health & Safety obligations
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant Food Safety legislation and standard.
- Lead, mentor and develop the multifunctional commercial team and provide effective leadership to all direct reports, enabling the continuous development and improvement of team members.
Skills and Experience Required
- Food Safety level 3 essential
- Food Safety level 4 desirable
- At least 3 years’ experience working within a similar role (preferably within a stadium environment)
- Extensive knowledge of relevant food safety legislation
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team using a hands on approach while leading by example
- Experienced in identifying and implementing creative solutions
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Proven people management skills
- Strong coaching skills, with a proven record of developing staff
- Extensive experience working in a busy, pressurised environment
- Demonstrable leadership skills and effective communicator to motivate a high performing team.
- Task orientated and proactive with ability to plan effectively.
- Ability to manage and work as part of a team, using initiative
- Able to problem solve and prioritise own and other staff members’ workload
- Empathetic and approachable, with excellent listening and judgement skills
- The ability to work with discretion and maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times.
Please apply to: Claire Reid, HR Assistant: email@example.com
Application deadline: 30/06/2022
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to feedback to applicants that have not been selected for interview stage.