Derby County Football Club has a fantastic opportunity to join our Category One Academy as the Head of Coaching.
Our Academy mission is to identify, develop and support talented young footballers in order for them to achieve their maximum potential in a positive, supportive and professional learning environment.
It is the academy’s vision to provide talented, well balanced young professional footballers for Derby County’s first-team squad and become recognised as the ‘Academy of Choice’ for young players within our local area and beyond. The successful candidate will manage and monitor the implementation and development of the coaching programme to ensure excellence and continuous improvement in all areas, whilst adhering to the EPPP requirements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of the coaching staff CPD, in line with the Coach Competency Frame Work. You will strive to ensure that coaching staff improve and perform to the best of their potential which consequently, will enable players to achieve their own maximum potential.
• Proactively build strong relationships throughout the Club and the Academy, utilising the expertise within our multidisciplinary team (MDT)
• Develop and manage the Coaching staff Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
• Ensure every coach has a tailored Development Action Plan (DAP), and provide observational feedback, and quality assurance
• Continue to implement a Club Specific Coach Competency Framework (CCF) to monitor and evaluate coaches to aid DAPs
• Provide support and guidance to the coaching staff for their individual CPD plans, ensuring they are fit for purpose, and stretching for the individuals, whilst ensuring the appropriate qualifications for all coaching staff are held
• Continue to deliver development interventions based on the Academy Performance Plan (APP)
• Contribute to the continuous development of an elite learning environment, whereby belief in the values and vision of the Academy underpins the culture of openness and growth
• Ensure the Academy’s Coaching Curriculum is consistently delivered in line with the Academy’s Playing Philosophy and Coaching Philosophy
• Undertake self-development to ensure all aspects of coaching and coach development is up to date and forward thinking Personal
Characteristics and Experience:
• UEFA A License (level 4)
• FA Advanced Youth Award
• FA Youth Award
• English and Maths to GCSE Level 4 or equivalent
• Extensive experience of coaching and/or coach development in an elite setting
• Experience of working to EPPP requirements
• Knowledge of the PMA system
• Extensive knowledge of the learning processes in coaches and young people
• Highly personable with a “can do” attitude
• Confident, resilient and self motivated
• Excellent communication and presentational skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, target driven environment whilst being able to prioritise and manage own workload
The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Records Check (CRC).
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our website dcfc.co.uk/page/careers. The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 16 August 2020.