The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat BMO Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Event Manager is the main liaison between the organization and both internal and external clients of BMO Stadium. This position is responsible for organizing, confirming, coordinating, and providing support to each applicable department to ensure a safe and seamless execution of each event. This position will report to the Event Director.
LAFC is currently operating on a hybrid work model with a minimum of 3 – 4 in-office days per week. Please note that this may vary by role, and your scheduled in-office days are up to the discretion of your supervisor.
- Oversee the execution of LAFC and Angel City FC matches and all other major sporting events held at BMO Stadium.
- Facilitate and streamline interdepartmental communication and organization across applicable departments in a timely manner.
- Lead the team in upholding BMO Stadium standards, specifically safety and security procedures and the Guest Experience program.
- Serve as the primary contact with LAFC staff; coordinating production and match day needs from the facility.
- Interface with local vendors and city entities (LAPD, LAFD, DOT, Building & Safety, etc) on all permit requirements.
- Create master production schedule inclusive of stadium conversion, production and competition timelines.
- Conduct internal and external production meetings that clearly communicate all event requirements and drive the goals and objectives of each assigned event.
- Manage event expenses for settlements and maintain budgetary parameters.
- Develop concepts, budgets, and maintain event folders and files for each sporting event.
- Cross-train as necessary for all events taking place at the stadium, inclusive of concerts and specialty events.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/ University required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as an event lead or related position within the sports/entertainment industry required.
- Running knowledge of Major League Soccer, stadium related requirements, and other competition elements required.
- Experience reading contracts and executing terms listed within.
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Possess a positive and optimistic attitude to lead and inspire other departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in English - both verbal and written. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work productively and multi-task in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs - Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
At LAFC, we carefully consider a wide range of factors to determine a fair and equitable compensation package. The final offer amount will consider a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to skill sets; relevant experience and training. Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure guidelines, the overall range for this role is $70,000 - $85,000 per year.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.