UEFA's Language Services team is looking for an additional English Editor & Translator to work part-time (50%) on a fixed-term contract, with the possibility of an extension beyond 2024.
The main role of UEFA's English Editors & Translators is to edit texts written in English by native and non-native speakers and produce translations from French and German into English by the required deadlines, in keeping with UEFA's quality standards and corporate image.
- Editing texts written in English by native and, predominantly, non-native speakers;
- Translating a wide variety of texts (football and non-football) from French and German into English;
- Revising translations by other members of the team and external translators;
- Providing ad hoc linguistic support to internal clients;
- Coordinating assignments for the English section with the other English editors and translators, liaising with internal clients and external translators;
- Contributing to UEFA’s English style guide.
- 1 to 3 years of editing and proofreading
- 1 to 3 years as an in-house or freelance English translator, ideally with both French and German
- Master's in translation and editing or equivalent
- English / Native speaker
- French / Proficient
- German / Proficient
- MS Word / Proficient
- MS PowerPoint / Advanced
- MS Excel / Intermediate
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and consistency, even under pressure
- Good research skills
- Team player, able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Good judgement and discretion
- Experience of computer-assisted translation tools (SDL Trados Studio)