Remuneration + benefits: • £Competitive, depending on experience and qualifications
• 28 days holidays per year (including bank holidays)
• Long service holidays
• Free parking
• Subsidised gym membership
• BFC retail store discount
• 2 x complimentary home matchday tickets after six months
Contract type: • Permanent
• Full time: 40 hours per week – must be prepared to work evenings and weekends as per fixture / training requirements
Location: Burnley FC Training Ground, Habergham Drive, Padiham, BB12 8UA
Closing date: Tuesday 1st February 2022 @ 9am. However, should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Physiotherapist to help lead our category 1 academy sports medicine programme. Our state-of-the-art training facility and academy provides an outstanding environment to develop both players and people.
The Senior Physiotherapist role will predominately be based with the Under-23 (U23) and Under-18 (U18) squads but will have regular contact with the younger academy groups as required.
Reporting to the Lead Physiotherapist, the Senior Academy Physiotherapist will be expected to:
• Provide evidenced based treatment & rehabilitation of injured players (U9-U23s).
• Assist the lead physiotherapist in co-ordinating and leading the Physiotherapy service within the academy.
• Assist in the recruitment and retention of part-time academy physiotherapy staff and assist with the part time medical rota to ensure all academy fixtures and training sessions have adequate medical cover.
• Have a flexible approach to cover academy injury clinics/training sessions when required.
• Have a flexible approach to match day cover for U18/U23 fixtures as per schedule and academy U9-16s fixtures when required.
• Liaise effectively with the academy coaching staff and wider MDT on a daily basis in order to keep them informed of player availability for academy matches and training.
• Contribute towards maintaining and developing the clubs EPPP Sports Medicine criteria.
• Be responsible for organisation, development and implementation of screening (including cardiac screening) for all academy players as part of the process to aid injury prevention strategies.
• Maintain accurate records of injuries and medical interventions as per HCPC and CSP standards using the PMA system.
• Work in a professional manner which promotes equality for both staff and clients.
• Contribute to a multi-disciplinary approach by liaising closely with other departments within the academy.
• Support the Player Care programme operated by the academy and have a good understanding of cur-rent best practice within Safeguarding and Welfare.
• Promote the Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
• A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
• BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy.
• HCPC membership.
• CSP membership.
• Experience of planning and delivering treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
• A sound understanding of safeguarding and welfare requirements.
• Excellent presentation, and delivery skills.
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
• Prior experience of working in elite sport in varied sporting environments and disciplines.
• Prior experience of working with elite young athletes.
• Good understanding of growth & maturation and its implications on the development of athletes.
• Prior experience of managing staff.
• A valid ATMMiF qualification (or FA level 5 equivalent).
• Post graduate qualification in a relevant field.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Full job description and person specification can be found here.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found here.
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.