As a chartered physiotherapist, preferably with experience in sport, you will take the lead on the medical programme within the academy with support from the senior staff including the sports science staff and club doctor duties.
• To be involved in all medical/health related matters appertaining to all Academy players.
• To be responsible for the assessment, treatment and liaison with other medical professionals for the 8-18 years of age Academy players.
• To be responsible for the provision of Medical and Physiotherapy cover on training & match days as appropriate
• Develop and maintain individual Injury Prevention programmes based on comprehensive Screening of all Academy players.
• Assist the S & C Staff in the implementation of the Strength & Conditioning syllabus
• To organise and deliver medical/health education programmes of training for all academy players and parents.
• To be involved in the organisation and conduction of “in-service” medical training for academy coaching and/or medical staff.
• Ensure compliance with all EPPP requirements in relation to medical support services, including full multi-disciplinary engagement & delivery.
• In conjunction with the Academy Doctor to liaise with players and parents with regards to all treatment clinics, education briefings and all other medical related issues
Requirements of the role:
Qualifications required to include:-
BSc/MSc Physiotherapy ITMMiF
First Aid Qualification or higher
FA Safeguarding Children
Full clean UK driving license and preferably frequent access to a vehicle