The Oxfordshire Football Association is seeking to recruit an individual to its’ Board of Directors with responsibility for marketing and communications.
This is an exciting time for football and the OFA hopes to use the power of football to build a better, more transparent, future for the game in Oxfordshire and to lead the successful development of the sport at every level across the county.
The Marketing & Communications Director will be responsible for overseeing promoting and championing the company and its work to the football family and beyond in Oxfordshire.
Oxfordshire FA is inviting applications for the position of Marketing & Communications Director. We are looking for individuals with skills and experience in leading marketing & communication strategies who have a desire to help to develop grassroots football across Oxfordshire.
These are new and challenging times for Oxfordshire FA as we support the return of grassroots football following the COVID-19 pandemic and delivery of the new FA Grassroots Football Strategy 2021-24.
This is a volunteer role in which you will be expected to attend monthly Board meetings. You will collaborate with Board Directors and other stakeholders in the strategic development of the organisation.
We believe in equal opportunities and we welcome and encourage applications from people from all communities - both nationally and locally, recognising that a diverse workforce is beneficial for the organisation and community it serves.
Communications, Marketing & Brand
• To develop and implement a robust and effective Communications and Marketing Strategy for the Oxfordshire FA, which will reach the widest possible audience, across a diverse range of communication platforms.
• To create an effective communications and marketing calendar, which will promote key initiatives and activities
• To ensure the delivery of high quality content across a range of platforms, including web-sites, social media and e-newsletters in a consistent manner.
• To monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of the Communications & Marketing Strategy using Analytics and implement improvements to meet the vision & strategic business priorities.
• To ensure that The FA and Oxfordshire FA brand guidelines are applied to marketing collateral and materials produced internally and externally.
• To increase the awareness of the Oxfordshire FA on a local, regional, and national basis and to develop a positive brand perception
Stakeholder Engagement & Profile
• To develop strong media relationships across all participating Counties to effectively showcase the impact their work has on the wider community.
• To use necessary research and insight to ensure the Oxfordshire FA has a thorough understanding of all social, economic, and demographic trends.
• To provide regular guidance and training to members of the team to drive the creation of further content that can be used to communicate and promote the work the Oxfordshire FA does.
• To develop, profile and manage stakeholder engagement to help increase future opportunities for partnership development.
• To help support commercial partners and other Stakeholders, including any charity partners, with the delivery of contractual Partnership rights as necessary.
• To support the delivery of the FA National Game Strategy in partnership with Key stakeholders and enhance the Oxfordshire FA’s major priorities
Leadership & Management
• To develop and maintain strong effective relationships with relevant FA personnel to ensure national FA activities are supported at a local level in a timely and effective manner.
• To ensure that communications support and promote Safeguarding and Wellbeing within football and assist in maintaining the Safeguarding Operating Standard.
• To provide Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Management information for the CEO and the Board of Directors, to improve performance and inform decision making of the business and propose changes as and when required to do so.
• To embrace and help drive Customer Excellence behaviours across all areas of work
• Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet CFA’s changing priorities and to undertake any reasonable request of the CFA in the course of your work
• To have an understanding of GDPR, data security and data handling
• The post holder must play their part in ensuring that the CFA’s effectively implement and maintain the FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard within Football
• An understanding and awareness of generic Equality law and of good practice within sports equality
Application deadline: 4pm on Friday 17 December 2021.