The Oxfordshire Football Association is seeking to recruit an individual who is committed to helping improve poor discipline and to champion Respect at Board level.
This is an exciting time for football and the OFA hopes to use the power of football to build a better future for the game in Oxfordshire and to lead the successful development of the sport at every level across the county.
We believe in equal opportunities and we welcome and encourage applications from people from all communities - both nationally and locally, recognising that a diverse workforce is beneficial for the organisation and community it serves.
The role of this director is to promote Respect and improve the football behaviour culture across the game and to try to educate all participants to play within the laws of the game and respect other participants, both on the pitch and on the touch lines.
These are new and challenging times for Oxfordshire FA as we support the return of grassroots football following the COVID-19 pandemic and delivery of the new FA Grassroots Football Strategy 2021-24.
This is a volunteer role in which you will be expected to attend monthly Board meetings. You will collaborate with Board Directors and other stakeholders in the strategic development of the organisation.
What can we offer?1
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a forward- thinking progressing business
• To work with key stakeholders within grassroots and the professional game
• Access and commitment to personal development and training opportunities
• Insight into offences, role of participant and demographics of those involved to report to the Board and use the information to formulate messaging across the local game
• Promotion of Respect at games around the County.
• Organise and support a Respect weekend annually
• Oversee the education of coaches to show respect to match officials and become positive role models
• Engage with young people to understand their experience and demonstrate that positive behaviour should ensure their future games remain enjoyable
• Partner with local leagues to promote positive behaviour
• Help with the recruitment, training, and development of referees to achieve maximum coverage at games
Please complete the online Application Form (link at bottom of document) no later than 4pm on Friday 17 December 2021.