Purpose of Role - To assist the Academy Manager in the day to day training of the Professional Development Phase. To be responsible for the organisation, planning and delivery of the Coaching Competency Framework, Staff Development Plans, Players ILP’s, Academy Training Needs Analysis and having a major influence on the analysis & delivery of the Academy Coaching Philosophy and pathway plan
• Work with the Head of Coaching to design and implement an age specific coaching curriculum in line with the academy playing and coaching philosophy ensuring the effective planning, delivery, and evaluation of every coaching session on the PMA for the phase.
• Support and motivate the U18’s, to deliver the coaching curriculum and academy philosophy and push high standards at all times.
• Work with the Head of Coaching and Academy Manager with the identification, coordination, and delivery of individual development plans for all players within the phase.
• Contribute to the building of a library of academy best practice sessions mirroring the philosophy.
• Work towards own Coach Development Action Plan (CDAP) agreed between you and the Head of Coaching in line with the Coach Competency Framework (CCF).
• Be seen to be a Key Figure and be actively involved in coaching within the Clubs PDC (Player Development Centre)
• Encourage Development within our PDC coaching team
Management, Communication, and Organisation
• Assist with the coordination and manage of the daily logistical operation of the phase i.e. deal with and arrange training, fixtures, and additional fixtures to meet player needs; manage the inventory and distribution of kit and equipment; deal with match officials; communicate with players and parents, and so on.
• Work closely with the Academy Manager, Head of Coaching, and other key staff to support your daily tasks and the multi-disciplinary development of every player in the phase across the 4 corners by developing, delivering, recording, and reviewing Individual Learning Plans.
• Be part of, and contribute/report to the Academy Management Team as well as providing reports and attending any meetings as required by the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching.
• Communicate and reinforce the academy playing and coaching philosophy to coaches, players, and parents.
• Work with the Head of Coaching to take a multi-disciplinary approach to the review process by organising and conducting all player reviews required for the phase as well as planning, delivering, and reviewing all coaching sessions, games/game time, whilst maintaining and monitoring all data related to this including learning objectives, progress, and other work as required on the PMA system.
• To monitor & manage the PMA data entry of all coaches and players within the phase.
• Link player performance reviews to the learning outcomes of the academy coaching programme and effectively present these during player/parent review meetings (formal and informal) and as per club and EPPP guidelines.
• Work closely with the Head of Coaching to manage the player development process contributing and reporting on performance, progression, ILP’s, transition between age groups, and multi-disciplinary reviews.
Recruitment & Other Key Responsibilities
• Manage and drive player signings and releases appropriately and professionally as well as presenting all retain/release information to the Academy Manager and Academy Secretary as required and in line with EFL rules and deadlines.
• Continually challenge and look to enhance the academy environment through new ideas.
• Develop and grow HTAFC PDC Coaches
• Support the culture of, and represent the club, in the best possible light at all times.
• Attend and contribute (when required) to all CPD as instructed by the Head of Coaching.
• Always adheres to the club Code of Conduct and understand and adheres to the Club’s safeguarding procedures.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the Academy Manager.
The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.