JOB DESCRIPTION: Catering Operations Manager
Conferences and Events
Catering General Manager
Swansea.com Stadium, SA1 2FA
Contract / Working Pattern
Permanent Contract / 40 hours per week.
· To personally lead from the front, demonstrating proactive techniques in the management of the site EPOS System across all aspects of the platform defined by the Catering General Manager.
· Assist in the development and implementation of a coherent strategy for all areas of the catering & event business. This is to include the maximisation of the revenue and profitability through growth potential of all the commercial operations consistent with the broader objectives of the Catering General Manager.
· Work closely with the Head Chef in the development system costing for menu lines, SKU lines and procurement through nominated supply chains
· Lead all volume operations and take personal accountability for the support of key event requirements in both the planning and execution as agreed with the Catering General Manager.
· Review and develop Standard Operating Procedures and processes to maximise value for the business creating and updating SOP’s as required and training accordingly.
· Minimise staff turnover through positive and inclusive management of the team, encouraging input, managing fairly, celebrating success and encouraging development.
· Build and exceed customer expectations. Match products/services to customer needs through the development of analysis of customer feedback and event day reports.
· Ensure that management and audit reports are analysed and that appropriate action is taken to improve performance.
· Develop operational strategies to ensure seamless, planning & delivery for all new catering operations and services as agreed with the Catering General Manager
· To constantly seek new opportunities for profitable use of facilities towards increased customer satisfaction and growth.
· To communicate effectively with the marketing team in ensuring promotional literature reflects the product and its customer journey experience
· Train the retail & bars team in common core skills identified through site Standards Operation Procedures.
· Monitor and maintain operational standards through event day inspections and check lists.
· Co-ordinate and deliver all administrative tasks as required for the effective maintenance of the EPOS system, Stock and Inventory
· To have overall responsibility for the management of all retail & bars.
· To deliver KPI’s to the business
· To work with the Catering General Manager to recruit and appoint suitable management and staff.
· To drive the service standards and KPI’s of the business through the service team.
· Working in conjunction with the Staffing Manager to recruit and train the service team.
· To deliver and monitor quality systems and procedures
· To ensure that we employ the minimum number of staff necessary to provide an efficient service and to maximise revenue.
· To monitor wage costs and wage percentages on a week by week and event-by-event basis.
· To work with the management team to investigate and implement ways of raising the spend per head at each match and event.
· To monitor spend per head against budged KPI’s on an event-by-event basis, where necessary taking immediate action to rectify.
· Deliver the SLA’s for quality and consistency for service delivery
· Control all stock, to ensure we deliver budgeted margins
Procedures and Process
• To work to the Standard Operating Procedures for all aspects of the Stadium.
• To develop and deliver standard operating procedures that will deliver the KPI’s
• To monitor customer and client satisfaction with our service.
• To report to the GM any complaints either verbal or written.
• To work to and deliver SOP’s to ensure that all staff conform to all legislation especially with regard to Licencing, SAG, Health, Safety and Hygiene, and Employment Legislation.
• To ensure that products are sold in accordance with company policy and meet EHO Food Standards, Trading standards, Licencing and Weight and Measures Legislation
Financial & Stock Control
· Manage the return on investment reports and continued monitoring of the EPOS project
· To support the Catering General Manager in the full accountability for the site catering operation, including financial accountability for profit and loss, exceeding financial targets, operational objectives and customer satisfaction targets through the control of related resources including spends per head, gross margins, product cost, fixed and variable labour rotas, stock holdings, stock turnover, and direct costs.
· Review purchasing to ensure best value achieved in F&B commodity resourcing
· To ensure that stock is controlled through inventory minimising site stock holding and wastage ensuring stock management policies are adhered to at all times.
· To ensure that all products are purchased in accordance with purchasing procedures
· To work with the management team to improve quality and value for money of products sold, gross margins and spend per head opportunities by increasing the size of products on sale.
· Produce and monitor Quality Audits / Check Lists
· Set procedures to minimise stock holding at the venue.
· Take necessary action to achieve budgeted cost of sales for food and drinks
Key Performance Indicators
· Controlling Variable Labour to Budget & providing explanation for deviations
· Driving recruitment / retention of direct casual staff. Reducing overall agency usage
· Managing Site Spend limits
· Driving Food and Beverage Spend per head across match day & conference & events.
· Controlling set Food and Beverage Margins
· Leading Communication / planning with Sales, On-site Teams and Marketing
· Maintain service levels to the highest standard.
· Guest Experience
· Follow all Club Policies, such as Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption & Bribery and GDPR.
· Make suggestions to improve the working environment and contribute to positive employee relations within your area of work and Swansea City Football Club as a whole.
· To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other employees and members of the public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
· To comply with all aspects of the Swansea City Football Club Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements, to enable the Company to perform its civil and statutory obligations in relation to Health & Safety.
· Ensure effective communication within your work team and across Swansea City whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
· Previous operational experience at managerial level in a busy hospitality or retail environment and events-based venue, minimum of 3 years
· Commercially driven to achieve targets and budgets
· Personal Licence Holder
· Able to multitask and work under pressure
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Previous experience setting and working to KPIs
· Confident using EPOS systems
· Comprehensive IT skills
· Previous experience working at a Stadium or similar venue for 3 years
· Emergency First Aid at Work
The closing date for this vacancy will be Monday 11th October 2021
Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
Swansea City AFC strives to ensure it provides an environment where everyone's rights, dignity and individual worth is respected and takes a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination. Equal Opportunity is an integral part of our recruitment and selection process, and we welcome applications from all individuals who feel they meet the core requirements of the role. We are particularly encouraging applications from women, disabled people and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals who are currently under-represented within the organisation.
All appointments will be made on merit of skill and experience relative to the role.
The Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company’s recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency, and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Swansea City AFC reserve the right to remove this advert.
Due to a high demand in applications the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.