The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all payroll and payroll related functions for all Forever Orange entities. These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the Director of Finance in conjunction with the HR department.
• Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll cycles for all employees encompassing four different entities (400+ employees)
• Oversee timekeeping entries and approvals for hourly employees in all locations
• Prepare and process multi-state payroll cycles
• Ensure all payroll taxes are filed and paid timely across multiple jurisdictions
• Track and process commissions, bonuses, taxable benefits, per-diem and reimbursements
• Manage all aspects of the W-2 generation and distribution process
• Prepare reports as needed for various projects including 401(k) and Workers’ Comp audits as
well as enterprise wide year end audit
• Coordinate with HR to maintain and update all employee files in a confidential manner
• Prepare and post all payroll entries to the general ledger
• Ensure compliance with payroll and employment laws, rules and regulations and keep up to date with developments in these areas
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 2 – 3 years of relevant payroll experience
• Experience with UltiPro payroll processing software a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software a plus
• Experience in the sports and entertainment industry a plus
Licenses or certificates:
• Certified Payroll Professional status preferred
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in both oral and written communications.
• Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to be organized and produce accurate results while meeting established deadlines.
• Ability to professionally handle confidential information.
• Strong customer service skills; ability to interact professionally with internal customers.
• Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project
• Must be proficient with computers and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, & Outlook.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.