Location: Kent FA HQ, Invicta House, Cobdown Park, London Road. Aylesford. Kent. ME20 6DQ. The Kent FA also
Hours per week: 35 hours per week.
Closing Date: Monday 27th September 2021
Vacancy Type: Full Time position, 35 hours per week.
The Kent FA prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and these are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next four years. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the Kent FA to deliver this.
You can find out more about Kent FA and the work we do on our website at www.kentfa.com
Kent FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Kent FA is looking for an enthusiastic Football Services Assistant with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation and delivery of the FA National Game Strategy and the Kent Football Strategy, and to support in the efficient running of the Football Services department.
• Support club and league secretaries with the discipline process and provide regulatory updates where necessary.
• Arrange personal and non-personal hearings and act as the secretary to commissions when required.
• Support appeals and complaints in conjunction with the Football Services Manager where necessary.
• Support the affiliation of clubs and ensure safeguarding requirements are met.
• Ensure leagues fully comply with The FA Standard Code of Rules (Adult and Youth) prior to sanctioning.
• Provide the highest level of customer excellence to support volunteers across all FA Technology systems (FA Events, Whole Game System, Matchday app and Full-Time).
• Ensure that grassroots football is inclusive, diverse and reflective of local communities.
• Assist with the administration of County Cup competitions.
• Assist with the administration of representative teams.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidate will be educated to A Level or have 2 years’ sport / business administration experience. They will be able to be self-motivated and have excellent organisational and time management skills. In addition, they will be able to forge and build excellent relationships with partner organisations and have a strong customer service ethos.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
• A great start to your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football
• Enhanced Holiday entitlement
EXCITING BENEFITS PACKAGE
• Access to ‘Cycle To Work Scheme’ and DSE Eye Care.
• Annual Leave increased based on service.
• Deals and discounts from the biggest brands via ‘Perkbox’.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Exclusive NIKE discounts.
• Have your ‘Birthday’ off on us.
• Kent FA Affiliated Grounds Pass.
• Opportunities to apply for FA Match Tickets and Events.
• Out of pocket travel and subsistence expenses covered.
• Pension contribution.
• Private Healthcare through Bupa.
• Time off In Lieu.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Kent FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
Application deadline: 5pm on Monday 4th October 2021. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant