Location: Premier League Offices, Paddington, W2 1HQ
The Premier League’s Legal Department is looking for a paralegal to assist its in-house Regulatory team.
The Regulatory team’s core function is managing all aspects of the regulation of the Premier League competition and its participating clubs, including advising the business on the various requirements of the Premier League Rules, managing the process of amending those Rules year-on-year, investigation and enforcement of breaches of those Rules through the disciplinary processes contained within them and management of the various mandatory dispute resolution procedures binding Clubs and their Managers. In addition, the Regulatory team performs the same role in relation to the Youth Development Rules that govern all aspects of the Academy system and the various youth competitions organised by the Premier League at U16, U18 and U23 level.
Aside from this core function, the Regulatory team provide legal advice to the wider business and external stakeholders on a range of areas, including transfers and registrations, intermediaries, safeguarding, medical matters and financial regulation.
This is an exciting time to join the organisation and an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
In your role, you will provide general legal and administrative support to the existing Regulatory team, comprised of the Director of Governance, Senior Regulatory Solicitor, Senior Governance Manager & Assistant Company Secretary and Trainee Solicitor. That support will be wide-ranging and varied, reflecting the breadth of work undertaken by the team, but will include the following:
- Assisting with the investigation of breaches of the Premier League Rules and the process of determining and sanctioning those breaches, compiling reports and assisting with the preparation of correspondence with Clubs.
- Maintaining detailed files relating to investigations and managing the Premier League’s database of Rule breaches.
- Assisting with the Rule amendment process each Season, recording amendment proposals and assisting with the production of the annual Premier League Handbook.
- Assisting with the administration of a number of Premier League audit and review processes, including the independent audits of Club safeguarding functions and the review of movements of Academy players between ‘Category One’ Academies.
- Assisting with the UEFA Licensing process each Season, monitoring Club compliance with the relevant regulations and organising the receipt and recording of evidence of compliance by Clubs to assist them in achieving a licence to participate in UEFA club competitions.
Requirements for the role
- Legal training.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and an ability to learn quickly.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with regulatory issues affecting football at a domestic and international level.
Our competitive range of benefits includes:
Private medical insurance
Permanent health insurance
Subsidised gym membership
Mental health support
Cycle to work scheme
Season ticket loan
Discounts with commercial partners
Access to match day tickets
About The Premier League
The Premier League is the top tier of England’s football pyramid, which produces some of the most competitive and compelling football in the world. With our Clubs, we use the power and popularity of the competition to inspire fans, communities and partners in the UK and across the world.
We bring people together from all backgrounds and we are a competition for everyone, everywhere – available to watch in 880 million homes in 188 countries.
The Premier League head office is based in central London and the organisation delivers across a range of roles, including football, coach development, community, youth development, safeguarding, broadcast, commercial, communications, digital, finance, legal, marketing and policy.
Work at the Premier League varies greatly and we are committed to delivering equality, diversity and inclusion across the organisation. We look for people who excel at what they do and would be a positive fit for the organisation, regardless of their background.