JOB DESCRIPTION: Assistant Management Accountant
Competitive commensurate with experience
Contract / Working Pattern
Permanent Contract / 40 hours per week
Reporting to the Management Accountant:
· Responsible for the production of monthly departmental accounts and other internal and external reporting as required by the business.
· To work with departmental managers to establish and monitor internal controls
· To work closely with the wider Finance Team to ensure transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
· Deputising for the Management Accountant as required
· Responsibility for monitoring and reporting on commercial aspects of the business
· To produce monthly departmental accounts adhering to the month end timetable
· To work closely with departmental managers to ensure that internal controls are in place, operating effectively, and that the necessary reporting information is being obtained in a timely manner
· To problem solve to ensure that any queries and variances are resolved appropriately.
· To produce other routine and ad hoc commercial reports as and when required by the business
· To assist in the budget setting and budget monitoring process.
· To assist in the co-ordination of the Finance Team’s activities to meet reporting objectives. To supervise, mentor and coach junior team members.
· Make effective use of IT systems and resources to ensure the financial reporting process is as efficient as possible.
· To assist the Management Accountant in the preparation for external audit
· Follow all Club Policies, such as Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption & Bribery and GDPR.
· Make suggestions to improve the working environment and contribute to positive employee relations within your area of work and Swansea City Football Club as a whole.
· To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other employees and members of the public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
· To comply with all aspects of the Swansea City Football Club Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements, to enable the Company to perform its civil and statutory obligations in relation to Health & Safety.
· Ensure effective communication within your work team and across Swansea City whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
· Experience of accounts preparation with demonstrated technical expertise and practical application.
· ACCA / CIMA or ICAEW qualified with at least 3 years’ experience working either in industry or practice
· Be able to communicate confidently and assertively at all levels within the company.
· A strong understanding of technical accounting and taxation concepts
· Good analytical skills and the ability to problem solve
· Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
· Excellent communication skills
· The ability to work within a team environment.
Why work for Swansea City AFC?
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Complimentary Medical Insurance & Health Cash Plan
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Enhanced Sick Pay
The closing date for this vacancy will be 24th September 2021 and interviews will take place w/c Monday 27th September.
Swansea City AFC strives to ensure it provides an environment where everyone's rights, dignity and individual worth is respected and takes a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination. Equal Opportunity is an integral part of our recruitment and selection process, and we welcome applications from all individuals who feel they meet the core requirements of the role. We are particularly encouraging applications from women, disabled people and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals who are currently under-represented within the organisation.
All appointments will be made on merit of skill and experience relative to the role.
The Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company’s recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency, and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Swansea City AFC reserve the right to remove this advert.
Due to a high demand in applications the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview