Steven Gerrard Academy - Sports Therapist
The Steven Gerrard Academy is seeking qualified Physiotherapists or Sports Therapists to deliver the provision of physiotherapy services for our squads. You will provide Matchday and training cover for all games/sessions within the academy.
Working within our multidisciplinary team you will support the delivery of injury prevention and rehabilitation programmes that will maximise player performance, enhance recovery and reduce injury risk.
As a minimum you will hold BSc degree in Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy or be working towards this. You will also have an in date FA safeguarding and First Aid certification and any other relevant qualifications.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Training and Matchday cover to all players
- Liase with staff regarding load management of players
- Work with the sports science team to provide treatment and plan rehabilitation for players where required.
- Work with the current physiotherapists and support their practice
- Liaise and co-ordinate the with the appropriate people (including parents) to facilitate external medical management (NHS or Private Healthcare) of all players.
- Deliver individual and group injury prevention exercise sessions for the Academy squads based on their individual needs as required.
- Keep accurate up to date records of all injuries sustained by players as well as all treatment, prevention and rehabilitation sessions and record them on the academy databases.
- Take part in CPD sessions with the team
- Shadow the lead physiotherapist
The successful candidates will be required on these days:
Monday: 13:00 - 17:00
Tuesday: 13:00 - 17:00
Wednesday: Typically 12:00 - 17:00
Lunch and Travel expenses will be provided.
There is also the possibility for PAID work based on the candidate - This will be discussed during the interview process.
Please apply with your CV and a short cover letter.
Steven Gerrard Academy provides a high quality experience for 16-19 year olds who are interested in pursuing further education and a career in football, such as coaching or other professions within the sports industry. We are proud of the fact that our academic achievements are above the national benchmark. The education programme runs alongside an outstanding football schedule, led by UEFA licensed coaches with experience in top academies, such as Liverpool Football Club.
Steven Gerrard Academy is a special community, where hard work, commitment and high standards are the norm. We have witnessed many fine achievements since we opened our doors in 2011. Our motto ‘Achieving Excellence Together’ is fundamental to our continued growth and success in the academic and sporting arenas.