Do you want to make a positive difference to young peoples’ lives?
Northampton Town FC Community Trust is a pioneering charity that uses the unique appeal of Northampton Town Football Club to deliver activities that connect our communities and improve people’s lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate, enthusiastic and driven individual to join our team in the following position:
• Education and Sport Mentor Working in Primary and Secondary schools across Northamptonshire, you will inspire, engage and support young people to achieve their potential. Using the unique appeal of the football club and sport, you will deliver the NTFC CT schools’ provision and the Premier League Primary Stars programme. This will include delivery of classroom-based support in literacy and numeracy, healthy lifestyles/PSHE sessions, physical activity lessons in groups or one to one, girls’ football, disability football, targeted behaviour interventions and extra-curricular activities in football and multi-skills. You will be passionate about improving the lives of young people using sport as a vehicle to break down barriers.
This role is exciting and fast paced with no two days being the same. You will be embedded within the same partner schools across the full academic year to develop relationships and measure the impact you make.
Why work with us?
We know that people are the key to us achieving our mission – and that’s why we look after our dedicated team. We believe that everyone on our team should grow as the organisation grows – and we do that by encouraging constant learning and development. We know that if we invest in our team, our team go the extra mile.
· Access to bespoke CPD and training from our partners including the Premier League, EFL, Northampton Town FC & the FA.
· Performance related incentives package
· Free Gym access and other local partner discounts
· Free tickets to NTFC matches
· Career progression opportunities
· Use of company van
Do you have what it takes?
Working for the community trust is a rewarding job. You get to make a real difference to the lives of the children and young people you support. You are trained and supported to ensure you have the necessary skills and are supported by an amazing team of likeminded professionals who are as equally committed as you are. An engaging, charismatic personality is key. You often work with vulnerable children and young people who will challenge you to come up with new ways of engaging them in activity and will test your resilience. The role is exciting with no two days being the same.
All eligible candidates must have a full UK driving license and access to a vehicle too. All candidates will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS check.
The successful candidate will also showcase the following community trust values:
WE INNOVATE - We are forward thinking and innovative, we plan for the future.
WE GO FURTHER- We don’t do ‘good enough’, we do the very best.
WE ARE RELIABLE - We have integrity and transparency at our core.
WE ARE TOGETHER - We are part of a team, we’re stronger together and we grow together.
WE INSPIRE - We lead by example, delivering with enthusiasm & passion to help others unlock their full potential.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am on Friday 24th September 2021.