A new and exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United Retail department for an eCommerce specialist. As the Online Trading Manager, you will oversee the day to day operations of the store’s website; maximising and increasing online sales whilst optimising the customer shopping experience to drive the performance of the online store, by having a strong commercial understanding of customer buying behaviour, site analytics, optimisation and merchandising principles.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate will be an incredibly hard worker who is extremely organised with excellent Microsoft Office skills and a keen interest in the West Ham United brand.
• Manage 3+ Members of staff, overseeing admin staff and customer services.
• Responsible for project managing and overseeing the implementation of new software, services and tools to the site and back-end systems.
• Troubleshooting and support for EPOS and Pricing queries from stores. Providing out of hours support when needed.
• Manage relationship with logistics partner, overseeing and optimising speed of delivery, international shipping delays and changes as well as maintaining price competitiveness across the retail sector.
• Be involved and active in the operations of the online store packing team alongside retail stadium manager. Keeping up to date with service levels, backlogs or issues.
• Use business analytics and other business tracking tools to benchmark, measure and analyse key performance indicators as set out by Management. Reviewing demand, returns and stock availability to meet stakeholder expectations as outlined by management.
• Oversee all data entry for products ensuring all information is accurate, up to date, has correct assets and pricing Managing and working with an outlined range plan to ensure products are online in the timeliest manner possible and pre- planning to ensure smooth delivery to DC.
• Ensure maximum stock availability for the website allocating stock where necessary to plan for demand.
• Responsible for the retail digital marketing calendar including the retail email plan.
• Create and manage all retail campaigns along with the development of campaign specific landing pages whilst aligning with wider club activity. Overseeing campaigns from planning to implementation. This will include kit launches, player signings and Black Friday/Christmas activity.
• Oversee and support the customer service team in regard to communicating site promotions/changes along with customer facing queries.
• To be responsible for content management, including populating content and ensuring the sites are visually merchandised in a commercial manner, reflecting customer needs.
• Maintaining accurate information across static pages and store information.
• Planning and executing retail content from concept to stock management, working with a content designer to achieve the desired aesthetic for the brand, in keeping with brand guidelines.
• Co-ordinate retail photoshoots with player care/appearance team to ensure all clothing is photographed on a player.
• To work with business stakeholders across the A/B Testing strategy to understand the customer journey and keeping UX at the forefront of all decision making.
• Development of the online store capability roadmap, leading the thinking for ecommerce and detailing future functionality. Managing the relationship with the website provider to deliver a best in class online experience.
• Championing the needs of the customer, to create an omni-channel experience ensuring key touch points such as mobile as fully optimised.
• Working with the club’s wider teams to ensure retail focus is fully supported during the matchday experience and that all content is accurate for launch.
• To work collaboratively with all key internal business stakeholders across management, IT, marketing, and digital marketing on the online store. To manage external relationships with the hosts and third parties accordingly to deliver the best support to the business possible.
• To report in daily, weekly, and monthly to relevant business stakeholders regarding the performance, planning, and development of the online store. Outlining key retail focuses for that time along with performance tracking.
• Completing adhoc tasks when outlined by management.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
• Experienced digital trading professional with a data analytics/sales background. (E)
• Experience and understanding of the retail football business (D)
• Experience of using back office functionality (E)
• Experience of meeting targets whilst working within a high pressure, professional environment
• Strong decision making, organisational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Dynamic approach to working, able to learn on the job
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite specifically Microsoft Excel
• High attention to detail and levels of accuracy
• Knowledge of web analytic tools
• Results driven and comfortable working to sales targets
• Competent in presenting results, insights and recommendations to internal business audiences
• Strong copywriting skills
• Business and merchandising acumen
• Interpreting order reports and stock reports
• Understand opportunities for growth
Application deadline: Monday 20th September
Established in 1895. West Ham United Football Club are steeped in Football culture, having homed some of the greatest players in English Football, including 1966 World Cup heroes Geoff Hurst & Bobby name - to name but a few. Whilst the majority of their history was based in The Boleyn Ground - more famously known as Upton Park - in 2016 they moved to the London Stadium, originally constructed as the home of the 2012 Olympic games. West Ham United can now boast one of the most advanced stadiums in the country, offering their support (and staff) some of the best facilities in the country.