Business & Commercial
Leadership & Management
Stadia & Operations
TITLE: Manager, Soccer Business Operations
DEPARTMENT: Soccer Operations
REPORTS TO:EVP Soccer Operations
FLSA: Full Time; Salaried- Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Are you an experienced pro-sports operation professional with technological, analytical, negotiation and financial knowledge? Orlando City SC is looking for a highly motivated individual to oversee the Club’s daily soccer business operation duties. This position will seamlessly integrate with the soccer operations staff, players, coaches, and ancillary team staff in overseeing the day-to-day business operations of the MLS, reserve, and academy teams. This role entails a great deal of organization and attentiveness to detail and requires working a nontraditional schedule to meet the needs of the Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Develops operational and forecast budgets to be reviewed and approved by EVP of Soccer Operations and Finance.
● Provide comprehensive budget oversight and compliance for MLS, Reserve, and Academy teams, collaborating with the respective team administrators and finance department to monitor actuals vs. budget.
● Participates in continual improvement of the budgeting management process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets. ● Negotiate and execute soccer initiatives and/or partnerships under executive and senior leadership direction, including for example negotiations with technical/operational vendors (e.g., WyScout, Spiideo, ISF, Hudl, SAP, etc)
● Review invoices, bills, and other documents for accuracy.
● Oversee day-to-day business operations and collaborate with EVP of Soccer Operations in the long-term management and development of the MLS, Reserve, and Academy teams.
● Prepare and present reports, presentations, and summaries of information in organized and clear formats.
● Identify, examine, and evaluate innovative resources to enhance workplace productivity.
● Collaborate with the executive staff to strategize and prioritize the business affairs for the soccer operations department.
● Communicate / coordinate operations with business Front Office departments.
● Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee should expect to work varying schedules to reflect the company's business needs, including weekends.
● Travel is sometimes required up to 25% of the time.
● Other duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, with emphasis on Business, Finances or Sports Administration.
5+ years of progressive experience in sports administration and operations.
High level of proficiency working with spreadsheets, Word documents, presentations, etc.
Knowledge in Google Workspace environment, including Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Forms, Google Docs.
Specific knowledge of the sport of soccer/soccer industry is highly desirable.
Experience in negotiating contracts with vendors, while also considering scalability/usability by other teams in the pyramid.
Innovative problem solving, research and analytical skills.
Ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, players, etc.
Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
Guided by strong moral and ethical principles, able to handle confidential information.
Ability to sit, walk and stand for long periods of time.
Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
ABOUT ORLANDO CITY SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, Orlando City SC, moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. In 2019, Orlando City SC re-launched OCB to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City SC boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Orlando City SC is committed to building the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
To bring our community together, create lasting memories, and fuel passion for soccer.
Be the envy of our league through performance and relevancy.
Entertain, unify, and inspire our community through passionate soccer, service, and winning championships.