To assist in the development, implementation and delivery of effective strength and conditioning strategies to First team and Academy athletes at Milton Keynes Dons Football Club.
• To assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in the development and day-to-day delivery of onfield and off-field First Team performance conditioning strategies.
• To formulate, co-ordinate and implement off-field Academy strength and conditioning to Professional and Youth Development phases.
• To actively contribute to the creation of a highperformance environment by ensuring all duties are completed with pride, consistency and to the best of your ability at all times.
Summary of Duties
• Assist in the development of robust, evidence based, physical performance screening and assessment processes.
• Assist in the design, implementation and review of individualised evidence and criteria-based performance programs based on screening, assessment, injury history and agreed KPI SMART targets.
• Assist in providing nutritional strategies to First Team players.
• To cover U23’s/ development matches from a strength and conditioning prospective including warm ups, load monitoring, post-match conditioning and recovery when required.
• Assist in the optimisation of load monitoring strategies within the First team, U23’s and PDP squads. Inputting data into excel spreadsheets, PMA and Benchmark54 systems. Producing succinct reports and contributing to key insights and feedback processes will be and important aspect of this function.
• Provide conditioning provisions to players not involved in away match squads.
• Communicate and interact with the coaching, Sports Science and Medicine staff on any matters relating to the performance and physical development pathways.
• To assist the Head of Rehabilitation with the dayto-day delivery and strategic planning of strength, conditioning, rehabilitation/re-conditioning for injured players.
• Assist with the design, delivery and audit of injury prevention strategies.
• Oversee the cleaning and maintenance of first team gyms, ensuring gyms are clean and tidy and all equipment is in safe working order.
• Maintain high standards of discipline and work ethic while acting as an ambassador for the Sports Science and Medical department and Milton Keynes Dons Football Club.
• Maintain appropriate performance records in keeping with Club, FA, EFL and other Governing Body regulations.
• To remain up to date with advances in the fields of Sports Science and Medicine through regular CPD activities including, contributing to Departmental CPD and attending any courses required by The PL, EFL and FA.
• To maintain all legal and professional qualifications as required by Club, FA, EFL, other Governing Body regulations.
• To attend and contribute to any Departmental, Management, Club or other meetings that are arranged where relevant to your role.
• To assist with any other reasonable duties as directed by management staff.
• BSc in a Sport Science/Strength & Conditioning or equivalent qualification.
• Relevant post-graduate CPD Portfolio within the field of Sport Science/ Strength and Conditioning.
• FA Emergency First Aid or equivalent or higher qualification.
• Ability to demonstrate experience of strength and conditioning delivery in a team sport environment (preferably elite).
• Knowledge and understanding of company and governing body policies, procedures and regulations relating to your role.
• Sound understanding of the strength, conditioning and reconditioning process, including the ability to apply a wide range of reasoned techniques and methods.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise with players, coaches, management, medical staff and any such individuals in a personable and professional manner.
• Excellent organisational, logistical and time management skills with ability to meet stringent deadlines.
• An ability to work within the scope of your practice while recognising the need to refer for further assistance or input from Sports Science and Medicine Staff.
• Excellent IT skills including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Closing Date: 24th September 2021