1. Title: Sports Tutor
2. Salary: £19,000-£24,000 dependant on experience (Plus bonuses,
pension scheme and expenses)
3. Type of Contract: Full Time
5. Location: Leeds
6. Hours: 40 Hours per week
7. Job Summary (The main purpose of the job)
Under the reasonable direction of the Head of Education, carry out the
professional duties of a tutor and sports coach.
Provide quality teaching and learning for Level 2 and BTEC Level 3 in
Sport courses and any additional education projects, which are to be
delivered to a range of age groups, including 16-19. Meet pre-set
objectives and learning outcomes, which is stipulated in the funding
To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and
differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated
curriculum area as appropriate.
To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students
as a tutor.
To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides
students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential. To
contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
To share and support the company's responsibility to provide and monitor
opportunities for personal and academic growth.
The role will include regular liaison with parents and guardians of the
students on the course as well as the relevant departments
There is also an expectation that the Sports Tutor is qualified to
degree level in a sport related theme with PGCE qualification or working
There is a requirement for the holder to have a full valid UK driving
licence with business insurance as travelling across Manchester and
other areas will be part of this role.
8.1 To enthuse, engage and motivate students on a daily basis
8.2 To undertake a lead role in the planning, delivery and assessment of
our sport based qualifications included within our Football Education
8.3 Monitor and maintain appropriate records/data related to target
grades, attainment, achievement and attendance.
8.4 Contribute positively to the education departments’ aims and
objectives, displaying an exceptional level of team work and
8.5 Act as a positive role model at all times and develop and maintain
high standards for teaching and learning within the department.
8.6 Potential to teach on our Higher Education provision through
lectures, seminars and tutorials
8.7 Contribute to an appropriate curriculum for all students, ensuring
that statutory regulations and Awarding Body requirements are met, and
that students are motivated, stretched and challenged.
8.8 Fulfilling other duties, as may reasonably be required from time to
time, to contribute including evenings, parents’ evenings, Trust events
8.9 To assist in the recruitment of new students when required, in
schools and grassroots clubs.
8.10 To liaise effectively with other staff members/departments
8.11 To attend meetings and CPD events
8.12 To maintain good order and discipline among the students and
safeguard their health and safety both when they are on the Trust
premises and when they are engaged in authorised Trust activities
9. Person Specification
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
· Degree in Sport or Physical Education
· A relevant teaching qualification
· A knowledge and understanding of the Level 2 and BTEC Level 3 in Sport
· In date child protection certificate (or willingness to update ASAP).
· Full UK Driving Licence – Car owner and willingness to use for work.
· The ability to form and maintain positive and professional
relationships with 16-19 year olds students
· Ability to accurately assess and mark students work against set
criteria within a given time frame
· Expect and uphold the highest standards in order to inspire students
to work at target grade or higher
· You must be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities
and meet deadlines
· Expect and uphold the highest standards of students in order to
inspire students to work at target grade or higher
· Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and
· FA Level 2 coaching qualification
· Experience delivering at level 4/5 in Higher Education
· Teaching experience in a further education setting
· Innovative and flexible approach to supporting students
How to Apply:
Closing Date: 30th Aug 2021 at 5pm
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: September 2021 (Flexible dependant on candidate
circumstances and notice period)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
tutoring/teaching: 1 year (preferred)
UK Driving Licence and Vehicle (required)
Work remotely: No