At last, a club where you can set up the commercial side as you have always wanted too.
King’s Lynn Town FC have roots back to 1879 and have a long respected non-league history. Recently that history has been turbo-charged, with back-to-back promotions in successive seasons that saw the club go up as Super Play Off Winners from the Southern Central League and then as Champions from The National League North. Now in the National League the next promotion will take us into the Football League.
The club went full time at the start of this season, and we are looking for a Head of Commercial who would like to join us on our journey. The club has developed a successful academy which now has 70 pupils from a standing start in just one season with our education partners KES, a newly promoted ladies team, a newly formed Charity and a host of junior teams. Commercial income has risen as the club has climbed the league tables, but we need a solid game plan in place with you leading the charge.
The role is really a blank canvas and covers multiple sectors, but duties will include:
· To develop existing partnerships and bring new ones into the club
· Overseeing all commercial and sponsorship agreements
· Development and implementation of a whole club Marketing & Communications strategy to increase matchday attendances
· Collect and analyse club data and evidence and use it to develop and inform a whole-club Marketing and Communications Strategy.
· Develop and implement marketing and publicity angles and themes for home match days to generate ticket sales.
· Lead on creative thinking, ideas and concepts for fun, unique content to attract and engage new and existing fans and partners
· Oversee and develop interesting fan content, events and initiatives that encourages fan engagement
· Help develop the creation of physical merchandise for fan engagement (eg Top Trump cards, autograph posters etc) and expand our entire retail range
· Update and liaise with your team to ensure the website updates of news stories, fixture changes, player announcements are all made in the same format and style
· Develop the club’s presence on Instagram, Tik-Tok and other social media channels
· Organise player interviews, podcasts, written and video content.
· Manage and fulfil the communications’ requirements of partnerships with sponsors and media partners in the best interests of the club and identify suitable opportunities for potential partners.
· Guide the creation of short-term and long-term corporate sales plans and strategies.
· Exhibit and share best practices for customer prospecting, pursuit and closing.
· Maintain regular contact with club staff to guide and drive growth opportunities.
· Maximize corporate revenue opportunities while ensuring long-term partnerships.
· Establish strategies for sales, service, and renewal of all partnerships.
· Identify new areas for revenue generation.
· Collect and analyze data
· Ensure Stadium is booked for non-football activities
What we are looking for:
· Experience of a similar position or at a similar level and a demonstrable track record.
· Good Sales experience and ability to put together presentations and ideally some CRM capabilities
· A resourceful and dynamic approach, open to new ideas and always looking for solutions to opportunities
· Commitment – Please do not see this as a steppingstone we would love the club and yourself to grow together
· To not be held back and come up with ground-breaking concepts
· To want to grow and manage the commercial department and to recruit new team players as and when you believe it is sustainable to do so
Salary, commission, bonus structure and other long-term incentives can be discussed at interview
Please send email with your CV and in your own words how you see yourself developing the role to firstname.lastname@example.org