To lead the Sports Science and Medicine service for the Milton Keynes Dons Academy.
• To operate the Academy’s Sports Science and Medicine Department in keeping with Elite Player Performance Plan guidelines, best practice and the Club’s ethos, vision and values.
• To organize the provision of a Sports Medicine service for Academy players and staff.
• To manage and support the Academy Sports Scientist to ensure the provision of an Academy Sports Science programme.
• To actively contribute to the creation of a highperformance environment by ensuring all duties are completed with pride, consistency and to the best of your ability.
Summary of Duties
• To provide a professional physiotherapy service to Academy players and staff. Including the assessment and diagnosis of injury and the formulation of appropriate goal orientated management plans.
• To manage the Academy Sports Medicine and Science Department Staff to ensure all objectives are achieved.
• To organise, delver and review a thorough medical and neuromusculoskeletal screening process. This will include appropriate report generation, referral and the formulation and delivery of subsequent treatment and management strategies.
• To provide pitch side cover during training and matches. Including the provision of physiotherapy and emergency aid as required.
• To be responsible for reviewing and formulating clinical governance strategies.
• To ensure all Elite Player Performance Plan requirements are met.
• To assist in the provision of a Sports Science and Medicine service for the U23’s and first team squads, as required.
• To cover U23 matches as required from a physiotherapy and first aid perspective
• Lead and advise on the EPPP audit and recategorisation process with regard to Academy Sports Science and Medicine.
• Assist and advise on the new training complex development with regard to Academy Sports Science and Medicine.
• To maintain appropriate medical and physiotherapy records in keeping with Club, FA, EFL CSP and HCPC regulations.
• To remain up to date with advances in the fields of physiotherapy and Sports Science and Medicine through regular CPD activities including, contributing to Departmental CPD and attending any courses required by the PL, EFL and FA.
• To plan an appropriate CPD programme for the Club’s Sports Science and Medicine Department.
• To maintain all legal and professional qualifications as required by the Club, PL, EFL and FA.
• To economically manage the Academy Sports Science and Medicine Department budget and ensure medical equipment and stock is maintained.
• To attend and contribute to any Departmental, Management, Club or other meetings that are arranged where relevant to your role.
• To assist with any other reasonable duties as directed by management staff.
• BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or equivalent or higher qualification.
• Full membership to the Charted Society of Physiotherapy.
• Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
• Relevant post-graduate CPD Portfolio.
• Advanced Trauma and Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF) qualification or equivalent (The Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football qualification will be accepted as a minimum).
• Previous experience of providing physiotherapy for young athletes within the framework of the Elite Player Performance Plan, ideally at Category 3 level or above.
• Experience in managing, supporting and co-ordinating therapy staff in the delivery of injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention strategies.
• Knowledge and understanding of company and governing body policies/procedures and regulations relating to your role.
• Excellent clinical assessment and treatment skills and a sound understanding of the rehabilitation and reconditioning process, including the ability to apply a wide range of reasoned techniques and methods.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise with footballers, coaches, management, medical staff and such individuals in a personable and professional manner.
• Inspirational and consistent leadership and management skills.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to meet stringent deadlines.
• An ability to work within the scope of your practice while recognising the need to refer for further investigation or specialist input.
• An ability to work in a high-pressured environment with a flexible approach to dedicate time to the programme as the schedule determines.
• A strong 'can do' attitude
• Be able to adapt to different, changing and challenging situations.
• Possess the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and lead by example while achieving agreed objectives.
• High self- motivation
• The ability to work independently under your own initiative and as part of an extensive high-performance team.
• Honest and trustworthy with a high level of confidentiality and exceptional personal integrity
• A full driving license
• MSc Sports and Exercise Medicine or equivalent or working towards.
• FA Learning Safeguarding Children Certificate.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for Application Forms: 31 July 2021