Overall Objective: To provide an elite Physiotherapy service.
• To deliver an elite physiotherapy service to First Team Players and Staff.
• To provide manual therapy, acupuncture, and soft tissue-based treatments to First Team players as appropriate.
• To formulate, deliver and review rehabilitation and reconditioning programmes utilising appropriate evidence and criteria-based strategies.
• To assist Head of Rehabilitation with the day-to-day delivery and strategic planning of an elite Sports Science and Medicine service.
• To actively contribute to the creation of a highperformance environment by ensuring all duties are completed with pride, consistency and to the best of your ability.
Summary of Duties
• To provide an elite and evidence-based Physiotherapy service to First Team Players and Staff while demonstrating high professional standards.
• Assist in the assessment and diagnosis of injury, along with the formulation of appropriate goal orientated treatment, rehabilitation, and management plans.
• To provide manual therapy, acupuncture, and soft tissue-based treatments to the First Team players as appropriate.
• To design, implement and review evidence and criteria-based rehabilitation procedures, protocols and techniques.
• To assist in provision of a thorough routine medical and neuromusculoskeletal screening process. This will include appropriate report generation and referral and the formulation and delivery ofsubsequent treatment and management strategies.
• Assist with the design, delivery and audit of injury prevention strategies.
• Assist in the pre-sign medical assessment process of new Players.
• To provide pitch side emergency aid and Physiotherapy cover during training and matches as required.
• To cover U23 matches, as required, from an emergency aid and physiotherapy perspective.
• Liaise closely with Players, Sports Science and Medicine colleagues and Coaching Staff.
• Maintain appropriate medical and physiotherapy records in keeping with Club, FA, EFL, CSP and HPCP regulations.
• To maintain the injury surveillance and audit database and analyse this data as directed by the Head of Rehabilitation.
• To maintain and update the FA Whereabouts System in keeping with FA, EFL and WADA Requirements.
• To remain up to date with advances in the fields of physiotherapy and Sports Science and Medicine through regular CPD activities including, contributing to Departmental CPD and attending any courses required by the PL, EFL and FA.
• To maintain all legal and professional qualifications as required by Club, FA, EFL, CSP and HPCP regulations.
• To assist in the review and formulation of clinical governance strategies
• To attend and contribute to any Departmental, Management, Club or other meetings that are arranged where relevant to your role.
• To assist with any other reasonable duties as directed by management staff.
• BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or equivalent or higher qualification.
• Full membership to the Charted Society of Physiotherapy.
• Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
• Relevant post-graduate CPD Portfolio.
• Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football qualification or equivalent or higher.
• Previous experience of providing physiotherapy in an elite sport environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of company and governing body policies, procedures and regulations relating to your role
• Excellent clinical assessment and treatment skills and a sound understanding of the rehabilitation and reconditioning process, including the ability to apply a wide range of reasoned techniques and methods.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise with players, coaches, management, medical staff and any such individuals in a personable and professional manner.
• Excellent organisational, logistical and time management skills with ability to meet stringent deadlines.
• An ability to work within the scope of your practice while recognising the need to refer for further investigation or specialist input.
• An ability to work in a high-pressured environment with a flexible approach, to dedicate time to the programme as the schedule determines.
• A strong 'can do' attitude
• The ability to adapt to different, changing and challenging situations.
• Possess the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and lead by example while achieving agreed objectives.
• High self- motivation
• The ability to work independently under your own initiative and as part of an extensive high-performance team.
• Honest and trustworthy with a high level of confidentiality and exceptional personal integrity.
• A full driving license
• MSc Sports and Exercise Medicine/Strength and Conditioning or equivalent degree or working towards.
• Working knowledge, of Benchmark 54, Catapult, and Ultralinq
• Advanced Trauma and Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF) qualification or equivalent or higher qualification.
Closing date for Application Forms: 31 July 2021