Manchester United Foundation works in some of the most disadvantaged areas across Greater Manchester, taking Manchester United to the heart of the community.
With an emphasis on improving employability prospects and skills, the Foundation delivers a wide range of educational, leadership and personal development programmes designed to develop young people (5 to 25) to achieve their potential. This role will support the development and implementation of the Foundation’s Employability & Skills strategic objective:
- Engage young people with a range of training and mentoring programmes that enhances their skills, personal attributes and enables them gain qualifications.
- Inspire young people by delivering initiatives that increases their awareness, aspirations and understanding of the career pathways and opportunities available to them.
- Provide positive experiences and employment opportunities to young people.
- Create and manage the Manchester United Traineeship programme
- Manage the match day recruitment, development and deployment of Foundation participants through the First Jobs programme.
- Re-develop and manage the work experience and mentorship programme that provides young people with voluntary experiences to develop the skills, experiences and connections into future employment.
- Coordination and reporting of all volunteer activities across the Foundation.
- Mentor and support Foundation participant’s by delivering initiatives that increases their awareness, aspirations and understanding of the career pathways and progression opportunities available to them.
- Supporting participants to gain qualifications, have positive experiences, and both increase their awareness, and support them to access progression opportunities and career pathways with external partners, the club, and further/higher education.
- Research and identify potential employment (& associated skill requirements), apprenticeships and further/higher education opportunities for Foundation programme participants.
- Collect all relevant data, information and evidence of good practice
- Work with the Employability & Skills Manager to ensure activities and partnerships are meeting all budgetary obligations.
- Uphold and promote the Foundation’s Safeguarding policy and those of partners, working in conjunction with both Manchester United FC’s Safeguarding team and partner leads.
- Complete, maintain and review risk assessments in order to ensure a safe and healthy working environment at all times in accordance with Foundation and Manchester United Football Club’s policies.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the purpose of the role and its level of responsibility, including the ability to work flexible hours, such as match days and travel.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with children & young people, preferably within a charitable, educational, employability or sporting environment.
- Proven ability of engaging with a range of stakeholders and external partners in order to achieve strategic and contractual objectives.
- Experience of working with young people in community and education environments
- Experience of scoping, delivering, monitoring and evaluating a range of traineeship / employability programmes
- Knowledge of the national curriculum and government policies surrounding further education, training, apprenticeships and traineeships.
- A full and clean UK driving licence (essential)
- Minimum GCSE Grade C or Level 4 in Mathematics and English.
- Undergraduate degree
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training/PTLLS/PGCE
- Qualification in Youth Work
- Strong desire, passion and motivation to support young people better themselves
- Hard working, enthusiastic and reliable
- Proactive / Can do approach
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Want to make a positive a difference and connect to the club values
- Excellent People Skills
- Able to build rapport quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Report and Grant writing
- Collecting data and evidence basing against a framework
- Build strong and long lasting positive partnerships
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and Google docs