The Sporting Fields + Athletics Operations Intern will assist in orchestrating event logistics primarily at Swope Soccer Village and Compass Minerals Sporting Fields, as well as other Sporting Kansas City properties: Compass Minerals Performance Center and Children’s Mercy Park. This individual will aid in planning and executing special events in addition to maintaining and operating our world-class multi-sport facilities. Join Sporting Fields + Athletics and become part of the fastest growing league in the US!
This internship requires college credit and is typically 30-40 hours weekly (depending on class schedule). Prior Operations/Sports Management experience is not required. Approximate time frame of the internship is January - May.
- Ensure facility is operating according to the mission, vision, and values of Sporting Kansas City.
- Act as an additional point of contact for all special events.
- Provide facility and operational support for MLS, MLS II, and Developmental Academy teams across their respective leagues.
- Responsible for helping with venue set up, breakdown, and maintenance.
- Plan, create, and execute special projects with Operations Coordinators & Manager.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner.
- Various Kansas City sports and business site visits, and Q&A opportunities with industry leaders.
- Major League Soccer gameday experiences.
- Shadowing opportunities tailored to your career path.
- Resume reviews.
- Individualized unique project assignments.
- Training and certification opportunities.
- Experiences with a variety of different sports.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Able to react quickly.
- Be innovative and creative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Able to lift items daily above 25lb, and occasionally 75+lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, and pushing.
- Capable of working in all weather conditions including exposure to the elements.
- Will be working in a loud environment.