Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success.
The role requires a knowledgeable and experienced Senior Audio Visual Engineer with the ability to provide preventative / re-active maintenance as well as onsite event support. You will have a firm understanding of current AV over IP technology, as well as strong customer focus, understanding and supporting technology users. You will be a pro-active team player who shares ideas and supports the wider IT team. You will join an organisation utilising cutting-edge audio-visual solutions in a world class venue.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The role is responsible for maintaining audio visual technology across all Club locations including the Stadium, Lilywhite House, Retail, Warehouse, Training Centre and The Lodge.
- Responsibility for preventative and break-fix maintenance of all club wide AV technology.
- Comprehensive ability to troubleshoot a wide range of technology incidents and problems.
- Support a wide variety of AV software and hardware.
- Manage software upgrades of AV equipment following IT change control processes.
- Manage version control of all source codes and documentation.
- Monitoring and optimising AV system performance.
- Maintaining user credentials and access requirements for end users of AV systems.
- Track the critical spares inventory and ensure the agreed quantities are always available.
- Manage the AV service desk queue using service desk software to effectively manage all incidents and service requests.
- Taking ownership of and resolving notified support and service issues, promptly, courteously, and professionally.
- Escalate problems appropriately where necessary to senior IT / AV management.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers in accordance with support contracts and warranties.
- Operational testing and pre-event checks prior to an event day.
- Operational support during event days (including football, NFL, rugby, concerts and conference and events).
- Work with AV integrators to ensure all 3rd party AV installations are commissioned and witnessed before being accepted into service.
- Test new technologies in a test lab environment prior to moving into production.
- Manage assigned AV projects.
- Behaving as an ambassador of the IT / AV department at all times
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Incredibly high attention to detail
- Efficient and focused on continuous improvement
- Confident communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Self-sufficient and motivated
Skills & Experience
- Firm knowledge of audio visual control systems (Crestron and AMX).
- Experienced with Crestron Fusion.
- AMX / Crestron programming skills would be beneficial.
- Firm understanding of IPTV and digital signage systems. Experience with Tripleplay, Seventh Sense and Daktronics would be beneficial.
- Experience with audio DSP’s including Biamp, Soundweb and QSYS.
- Firm understanding of networking protocols.
- Firm understanding of AV over IP (audio and video).
- Firm understanding of display technology including video walls and LED displays..
- Knowledge of broadcast systems.
- Experience with audio visual equipment installation (technical and management).
- The ability to systematically fault find and correctly diagnose faults in both hardware and software.
- Ability to provision and maintain rack builds would be advantageous.
- Ability to understand and utilise system schematics for troubleshooting purposes.
- Proven years experience as a Senior Field Service Engineer, Onsite Engineer or Commissioning Engineer.
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list.