The Lead Analyst, Data & Insights provides insights in support of strategic initiatives and data-driven decision making across the organization. This encompasses identifying insights from large data sets and disseminating them in a digestible fashion, designing and maintaining standard reports, creating detailed analyses to evaluate the success of initiatives and helping identify areas of improvement, and conducting market research to understand brand perceptions and customer needs. Additionally, this person will manage market segmentation, targeting, and positioning exercises as needed while also designing research projects to answer specific business questions. Being technically proficient in one or multiple programming languages captured below is a major plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience performing research and analysis on large, ambiguous data sets
- Previous experience working with data related to ticket sales, marketing, concessions, merchandise, and more
- R or Python
- Advanced Excel skills
- Be able to work collaboratively, both in a team setting and cross-departmentally
- Ability to prioritize assignments based on timelines and business objectives
- Thrive in a fast-paced, open environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- At least 3-5 years of experience in analytics
- Sports industry knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Ability to travel for business purposes
- Must be able to work games scheduled which may be at night and on weekends and holidays
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
In 2019, the Club finished top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/
New York City FC is also one of eight clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Club Atletico Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC and Mumbai City among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.