The Lead Academy Sport Scientist will deliver a programme of sport science support services to our part-time U18s & U16s boys players. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated and passionate about working with and developing young athletes. In addition, we are seeking someone who can develop good working relationships with a variety of groups including fellow practitioners, coaches, young players and their parents. The successful candidate will be joining a team of forward thinking and ambitious staff who are dedicated to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment.
Part time (15 hrs per week)
• Design and implement a long-term development plan to help prepare youth players for the mental and physical demands of full-time professional football.
• Maintain a data management system for longitudinal player monitoring adopting a conscientious approach to data entry and judicious interpretation and dissemination of results.
• Design and deliver gym-based training sessions.
• Design and deliver speed, agility, plyometric & conditioning sessions.
• Provide occasional matchday support to U18s players.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships and effective communication pathways with players, coaches and other members of the Performance Department.
• Facilitate and proactively contribute to applied research projects as directed by the Head of Performance.
• Undergraduate degree in sport science or related discipline.
• At least 3 years in the provision of sport science support services to athletic populations, preferably within a professional football club.
• UKSCA accredited (or ability to apply within a period of 3 months).
• Postgraduate degree in sport science or related discipline.
• BASES accredited (or working towards via supervised experience pathway).
• ISAK level 1 accredited.
• Conscientious and committed to attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills in the written and spoken word.
• Excellent information technology skills.
• Critical thinking and analytical mindset.
• Strong character able to operate within a high-pressure working environment and put forward their point of view.
• Honesty and openness and an approachable demeanor.
• Commitment to professional development.
Application Deadline: 21 June 2021.