Blackpool FC Academy are seeking part time Academy scouts to join our recruitment team. These roles are regionalised to ensure BFC has significant coverage across all areas that we can recruit from.
Candidates should have a passion for youth development and be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of youth football across the North west of England.
Scouting positions being recruited for are as follows,
• Blackpool and the Fylde Coast
• Merseyside x 2
• Greater Manchester x 2
• Central Lancashire
• East Lancashire
• North Lancashire
Qualifications and Experience
• DBS Enhanced Criminal record check
• FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
• Valid UK Driving license
• Experience within youth football
• FA Talent ID qualifications
The role of our Academy Scouts is to identify the best talent available to Blackpool FC. Developing relationships with clubs, coaches, parents and players is paramount to the role. An in depth knowledge of youth football in the specific region appointed to is important. Scouting reports using the BFC Academy template will be required and being able to log reports using the PMA system will be required.
1. Attend 10 assigned matches per month as directed by the Head of Recruitment 9-14
2. Log reports on to PMA system for each game attended and update database of players as required.
3. Build strong relationships with managers, coaches, parents and players to promote BFC Academy and enhance recruitment opportunities.
4. Create a network of volunteer scouts within your region in conjunction with the Head of Recruitment 9-14.
1. Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with players, parents and coaches both internally and externally
2. Strong organisational skills and competent in administrative duties.
3. Enthusiasm for the role and a proactive thinker who always looks for opportunities to improve and enhance his/her scouting ability.
4. Be willing to go above and beyond to attend matches and meet players/parents where needed by the academy.
Summary of Duties
1. You will be required to attend 10 matches per month as directed by the Head of Recruitment 9-14
2. You will be required to attend CPD events within the club as required
3. There will be a requirement to be available for weekly meetings with HOR 9-14
4. Log all scouting activity using the PMA system
5. Be flexible to attend games on short notice and at the request of HOR 9-14
6. Make Recommendations on players to invite for trial/sign
7. As part of becoming a represtentative of the club you will project a professional image at all times of Blackpool FC
8. Liaise on a continuous basis with HOR 9-14 and volunteer scouts within your designated area
9. Keep abreat of the Academy Performance Plan so that you are in tune with the clubs culture and values
10. On occasions you will be invited to attend coaching CPD events tounderstand the playing principles of the club and academy.
11. You will develop systemic knowledge of the clubs age specific player profiles to understand the attributes desired per position across the whole academy pathway.
• The Remuneration package for this role will be based on knowledge and experience and scouts will be placed on a fixed term contract.
• Relevant professional references will be sought prior to employment
• You will be required to demonstrate your commitment to equality, inclusion and anti-discrimination and attendance of training in these areas will be mandatory.
The closing date for applications will be 25th June 2021.