Head of Academy Performance Analysis
Blackpool FC Academy are seeking a Head of Academy Performance Analysis to join our ever growing academy department and play an integral part in helping the academy achieve our long term vision. Candidates should demonstrate outstanding personal skills and excellent knowledge of player development whilst having a clear understanding of the player pathway.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must hold a BSc in Sports Science or related discipline
• Has an understanding of EPPP rules and regulations
• Must hold an up to date Emergency First Aid certificate in football.
• DBS Enhanced Criminal record check
• FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
• Valid UK Driving license
The role of our Head of Performance Analysis is to manage and co-ordinate the Academy Performance Analysis Department, with the aim of assisting and educating players in all aspects of their development.
1. Lead, oversee & coordinate the performance analysis support provision to all Academy age groups
2. To provide the performance analysis provision for the players within the academy monitoring and tracking development using objective and subjective data.
3. Oversee Academy philosophy, aiding with the vision of the academy and support the Head of Coaching in his delivery of educating coaches
4. Where required provide written and oral reports of coaching sessions and games
1. Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with players, parents and coaches both internally and externally
2. Understanding and knowledge of industry software e.g., Sportscode, iMovie, PMA and Hudl
3. Excellent IT skills particularly on Apple Mac’s.
4. Be willing to go above and beyond to provide our players with the best experience possible on their pathway 5. Strong work ethic and understanding of the demands of the role
Summary of Duties
1. To lead the support provision and requirements of the analysis function within the Academy
2. Supervise feedback of match and training content to all players and coaching staff, ensuring most applicable method and style is used, including use of specialist software.
3. Code all Academy age group matches according to our club playing philosophy – linking with the first team.
4. Oversee the department’s filming and coding of Training & Matches as required.
5. Provide statistics to staff relating to the performance of the teams and individuals.
6. Having a lead role in the delivery of individual, unit and team based analysis sessions.
7. Recruit and manage a team of interns to film Academy games across all of the age groups when required.
8. Manage all administrative duties regarding Hudl and other platforms used by the department
9. Perform any other duties as required within the clubs performance analysis department
10. Ensure CPD is carried out and reviewed for all performance analysis staff
• Relevant professional references will be sought prior to employment
• You will be required to demonstrate your commitment to equality, inclusion and anti-discrimination and attendance of training in these areas will be mandatory.
• This is a full time position within the Academy staffing structure
The closing date for applications will be 21st June 2021.