This Player Appearance Manager role will be crucial in the successful delivery of player activations and campaigns for all departments of the Club and its Foundation.
Working around the playing and training schedule of the First Team, the successful candidate will aid the delivery of a diverse range of activities, ensuring the Club is fulfilling its own programmes as well as delivering on obligations to commercial partners. As a result, we are looking for a candidate that is truly excited and motivated to help all areas of the Club. The successful candidate will be required to work irregular hours including weekends and bank holidays.
Working closely with the Head of Partnership Management, Head of Marketing and Head of Player Care, the Player Appearance Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders both internal and external.
• Manage and coordinate the Player Appearance process, ensuring the development and execution of a reliable process that ensures all of the Club’s requirements and obligations are met to the satisfaction of each stakeholder
• Agree Player Appearance Policy with stakeholders including coaching and medical staff
• Operate and plan a calendar to ensure the fair allocation of players
• Generate monthly tracking reports to monitor appearances to ensure an even spread of events across the season
• Build, develop and maintain relations with all relevant stakeholders including the players, coaches and internal colleagues such as commercial, communications, marketing, retail, Foundation and football administration
• Liaise with the various departments to manage the organisation and logistics of player appearance events and activities
• Coordinate regular planning meetings with the various departments to ensure that requests are received in good time and comply with the Player Appearance Policy
• Ensure all appearances comply with the Player Appearance Policy, ensuring efficient use of the players’ time
• Liaise with the press department to ensure its obligations are aligned to the Player Appearance Policy
• Ensure all players are utilised alongside minimum ‘expected hours’ each month
• Maintain a ‘bigger picture’ mentality to identify where appearances can be shared to maximise player availability and the output of each appearance
• Responsible for collating all information and submitting completed Player Appearance Briefs to the relevant departments (e.g. security, medical etc.) in line with the Player Appearance Process.
• Monitor the player appearances to create a full record of all that have been completed by each player, sponsor and department.
• Management and delivery of players for personal endorsement agreements to minimise player time used to deliver on their own deals
• Delivering player engagement statistics for annual PFA and Players’ Project reports’
Equal Opportunities 1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age. 2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
Safeguarding: 1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club. 2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
• Experience of working with high profile professional athletes (E)
• Experience of working at a football club (D)
• A minimum of 3-years of experience in Sport and Event Management (E)
• Utmost proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Keynote (E)
• Ability to create spreadsheets, log and interpret data and present findings to senior stakeholders (E)
• Ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively with various professional disciplines and at all levels of an organisation (E)
• Excellent relationship management (E)
• Excellent organisation and time management skills (E)
• Ability to adapt quickly and have flexible attitude (E)
• Maintain absolute confidentiality (E) • Be prepared to work, at times, unsociable hours including evenings and weekends and have the ability to travel. (E)
• Possession of a valid passport and comfortable with traveling as required (E)
• Hold current driving licence and have use of own vehicle (E)
• Possession of, or able to gain a DBS certificate (E)
• Knowledge of foreign languages, spoken and written (D)
• Driven to enhance processes and improve standards (E)
• Confident when having difficult conversations with senior employees (E)
• Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas (E)
• Values and respects others, builds relationships, collaborates (E)
• Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility (E)
• Enthusiastic with a strong team ethos and delivers under pressure (E)
Application Deadline: Friday 25th June 2021
Established in 1895. West Ham United Football Club are steeped in Football culture, having homed some of the greatest players in English Football, including 1966 World Cup heroes Geoff Hurst & Bobby name - to name but a few. Whilst the majority of their history was based in The Boleyn Ground - more famously known as Upton Park - in 2016 they moved to the London Stadium, originally constructed as the home of the 2012 Olympic games. West Ham United can now boast one of the most advanced stadiums in the country, offering their support (and staff) some of the best facilities in the country.