To oversee and manage the staff and players in the phase. This will include both delivery and planning and reviewing as an MDT but also leading the match day for both age groups. Delegate to staff to ensure a collaborative approach is used and demand high standards for both players and staff on and off the pitch
Our VISION is to build on our iconic history and create an environment of excellence & high standards that ensures our worldwide reputation as an outstanding producer of talented players & people from within our diverse community… all developed ‘The West Ham Way’.
• To support & help drive a culture of learning within the academy environment
• To consistently produce work of the highest standards in all areas of the Phase to be selfreflective as a phase
• Oversee for the match-day preparation and performance of each Squad and the subsequent reviewing of individual player performances in line with Academy procedures across the phase
• Responsible for ensuring players have an IDP with the use of mentors to support this across the phase with evidence of what & when support happens
• All training sessions & TMR’s to uploaded to the PMA within 48 hours of the event across the phase
• Attend phase lead meetings monthly to plan & review against the syllabus, playing style & phase specific issues
• Lead the planning, preparation and delivery of the Coaching sessions in line with the Academy Philosophy and a multi-disciplinary approach in own phase
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Safeguarding: 1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club. 2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Essential (E) Desirable (D)
• Advanced Youth Award (E)
• Level 4 (UEFA A) Coaching Certificate (E)
• Emergency Aid Certificate (E)
• Minimum two years previous experience in similar role. (E)
• Member of the FA Coaches Club (D)
• Enhanced DBS (or ability to obtain) (E)
Application Deadline: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Established in 1895. West Ham United Football Club are steeped in Football culture, having homed some of the greatest players in English Football, including 1966 World Cup heroes Geoff Hurst & Bobby name - to name but a few. Whilst the majority of their history was based in The Boleyn Ground - more famously known as Upton Park - in 2016 they moved to the London Stadium, originally constructed as the home of the 2012 Olympic games. West Ham United can now boast one of the most advanced stadiums in the country, offering their support (and staff) some of the best facilities in the country.