Due to a re-structure and focus towards achieving Category 2 status within the Academy, we have new and exciting opportunity available for a highly driven and committed individual to undertake a full-time role as the new Academy Head of Medicine.
The successful applicant will have gained experience and extensive knowledge from working within elite sport.
To manage and develop all Physiotherapists within the Academy in the planning, support, and delivery of medical provision for all Academy players.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• To work alongside the Head of Sport Science to plan, deliver and support the medical provision and rehabilitation for all Academy players
• To manage the Medical department in line with the club policy and EPPP guidelines
• Accountability and the planning treatment and rehabilitation of Academy players daily
• To manage all Academy CPD and training relevant within the department to progress the Medical department and medical provision
• Maintain medical notes in conjunction with CSP/ HCPC standards
• Regulation and management of the PMA for individual injuries and performance clock during rehabilitation
• Contribute to ongoing staff and player education
• Pitch-side emergency first aid for training and games
• Provide a holistic approach when managing injuries, referring to sport psychology where appropriate
• Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works collaboratively to support the development of young people
• To assist the First Team Physiotherapist with the U23 and the First Team Squads as and when required
• BSc (hons) degree in Physiotherapy
• Full and in date membership/ registration: Chartered Physiotherapist (CSP) and Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• Current ATMIFF qualification
• Experience of working as a Senior Physiotherapist within an elite sporting environment
• FA Safeguarding Children
• Experience of working in an Academy under EPPP rules
• Knowledge of age-appropriate medical provision
• Knowledge of elite level requirements
• IT literate with a knowledge of the PMA
• Confident communicator with a can-do attitude
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual
• Proactive decision maker who maintains high standards
• Committed to achieving the agreed objectives
Please note if successful you will be required to attend an interview with the Academy Manager and interview panel between 14/06/21 and 15/06/21.
Fleetwood Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Fleetwood, Lancashire, England. The team compete in League One, the third tier of English football.
We currently have two locations, Highbury Stadium, Fleetwood and Poolfoot Farm, Thornton-Cleveleys.
With over 300 employees, Fleetwood Town Football Club value its employees and volunteers and they are at the forefront of our business.
Fleetwood Town Football Club are always eager to hear from passionate and dedicated individuals with an excellent work ethic who are seeking new challenges.