Due to an internal promotion, we have an opportunity available for a highly driven and committed individual to undertake a full-time role as the new Youth Development Lead Phase Coach.
The successful applicant will have gained experience and extensive knowledge from working within elite sport.
Due to an internal promotion, Fleetwood Town are looking to appoint a Youth Development Lead Phase coach to work as part of a team in the planning and deliver of the 12-16 coaching programme, under the guidance of the Head of Coaching & Academy Manager.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Work with the Academy Head of Coaching to implement an age specific coaching curriculum in the Youth Development Phase, in line with the playing and coaching philosophy of the Academy, ensuring the effective planning, delivery and evaluation of every session is recorded on PMA
• Lead on the delivery of coaching sessions within the Youth Development Phase
• Review the progress of YDP players on PMA in accordance with the Academy review process • Work with the Head of Coaching to identify, co-ordinate, deliver and review all individual development plans for all players within the YDP
• Coach a selected age group within the YDP, delivering the curriculum and philosophy, also support varied age groups within the Fleetwood Town Academy, as required by the Head of Coaching
• Work towards own Coach Development Action plan (DAP) agreed between you and the Head of Coaching, in line with the Coach Competency Framework (CCF)
• Support and motivate the part-time coaches within the phase to deliver the coaching curriculum and academy philosophy, modelling best practice, at all times
• Be responsible for the organisation of tournaments, tours and festivals for the YDP, alongside the Head of Coaching
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, supporting the holistic development of all players within the YDP
• Co-ordinate the daily operations of the YDP, with and arrange training, fixtures, and additional fixtures to meet player needs. This involves managing the inventory and distribution of kit and equipment, deal with match officials and communicating with players and parents
• Monitor the transition of players between the Foundation Phase and Professional Development Phase
• Contribute to the building and recording of Academy best practice sessions
• Take an energetic, purposeful, and measurable approach to recruitment
• Attend all CPD as instructed by the Head of Coaching and/or Academy Manager
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• UEFA A License
• Previous experience working within an elite Academy
• FA Youth Awards including Advanced Youth Award
• Knowledge of EPPP
• Clean driving license and access to their own vehicle
• Emergency First Aid
• Confident communicator with an excellent ability to build rapport with young people
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual
• Proactive decision maker who maintains high standards
• Committed to achieving the agreed objectives of the department
• Flexible and willingness to learn and develop.
Please note if successful you will be required to attend an interview with the Academy Manager and interview panel on the 14/06/21 or 15/06/21.
Fleetwood Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Fleetwood, Lancashire, England. The team compete in League One, the third tier of English football.
We currently have two locations, Highbury Stadium, Fleetwood and Poolfoot Farm, Thornton-Cleveleys.
With over 300 employees, Fleetwood Town Football Club value its employees and volunteers and they are at the forefront of our business.
Fleetwood Town Football Club are always eager to hear from passionate and dedicated individuals with an excellent work ethic who are seeking new challenges.