The Employability Officer will be required to plan and deliver high quality educational activities with young people who are unemployed or defined as NEET (not in education, employment or training) with the aim of supporting them to move closer to, or into work or education. Combining your passion for improving people’s lives with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills; you will support people to improve their confidence, gain new skills and complete work placements both at the football club and in local businesses. The post holder will positively engage and build relationships with sometimes challenging young people, motivating them to remain engaged. The role will focus on the face-to-face delivery of traineeship programmes and the SEMLEP Active Inclusion Project which is part funded by the European Social Fund.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To coordinate the NTFC 16-18 and 19-24 traineeship programmes.
• To coordinate and deliver a range of employability programmes and workshops across the community linked to the SEMLEP active inclusion project.
• To recruit and retain participants identified as NEET on programmes.
• Provide quality learning and work placement opportunities for NEET young people aged 16 to 24-years-old. To meet pre-set objectives and learning outcomes, which is stipulated in the funding requirements.
• To work with existing project partners and further build a network of local referral partners across the county to ensure the programme is accessible to those most in need.
• To line manage the employability tutor (subject to additional funding being obtained).
• To support programme delivery where required.
• To develop and maintain positive relationships with local project partners, job centres and the DWP to recruit individuals onto programmes.
• To attend recruitment and promotional events.
• Using your own knowledge and experience, contact local businesses to recruit them to work with NTFC Community Trust.
• To develop and manage partnerships with local businesses to provide quality work placement opportunities for trainees.
• To set up, manage and quality assure a range of internal and external work experience placements for participants engaged through programmes.
• To coordinate and deliver a range of employability workshops across the community.
• Work within existing procedures to help embed work experience across NTFC.
• Be an established point of contact for employers when learners are completing work experience.
• To challenge and motivate trainees and promote self-esteem.
• Cultivating a positive, supportive learning environment to help maximise retention levels of participants throughout the programmes.
• To facilitate and encourage participants to continue onto further study programmes or to gain part-time or full-time employment.
• To assess and report on impact being made through the programmes to funders, partners and NTFC Community Trust. This will include providing regular written reports and case studies on the programme.
• To ensure the Designated Safeguarding Officer is informed immediately of any concerns relating to safeguarding in relation to the trainees you support.
• To maintain accurate records which measure the impact of your intervention and provide help with any administration relevant to referrals to outside agencies.
• To liaise with key workers as necessary.
• To be pro-active in identifying new education opportunities to grow the department.
• To perform other duties as reasonably assigned or under the authority of the senior management team.
• To proactively promote NTFC Community Trust and NTFC within the community
Closing date for applications is 9.00am on Wednesday 30th June 2021