ON THE BALL?
To support our Football Technology & Innovation Subdivision, FIFA is looking to recruit a self-motivated and flexible person as a Football Technology Manager, 100% (Permanent contract).
• Supporting the development of state-of-art tracking technologies that can support the introduction of (semi-)automated offside calling technologies in football by engaging with football technology suppliers and working closely with FIFA’s Football Research & Standards department
• Leading the implementation of football technologies at selected FIFA tournaments by managing project teams and acting as main point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders
• Closely collaborating with other FIFA departments and divisions, in particular FIFA’s Refereeing Subdivision, Technical Development Division, Tournaments and Events Division and Commercial Division, by identifying their needs and communicating requirements
• Managing the procurement process for the required technologies and services by analysing the market, drafting tender documents, selecting suppliers and negotiating agreements
• Supporting the implementation and operation of football technologies on site by acting as venue manager during selected FIFA tournaments
• Supporting FIFA’s member associations and football leagues with the selection and implementation of football technologies by attending meetings and sharing knowledge
• Improving FIFA’s technology setup and services at FIFA tournaments by constantly analysing the market and testing and assessing new technologies and innovations
• Business and/or engineering educational background, or similar
• 3-5 years working with technology in sports and events
• Football knowledge (Laws of the Games and tactical understanding)
• In-depth knowledge of football technologies, in particular tracking technologies
• Experience with the implementation of football technologies (e.g. goal-line technology, video assistant referee (VAR) technology)
• Fluent English, knowledge of any other language an asset
• Excellent project management skills
• Solution oriented, flexible team-player
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Willingness to travel (20-30%)
• Strong identification with FIFA’s philosophy
FIFA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disability, or on any other grounds.
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click “apply” and submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters).
Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA-Strasse 20, 8044 Zurich
Only direct applications via our applicant tracking system will be considered (no agencies or applications via email/post please).
Founded in 1904, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) is the umbrella organisation of its members, currently 211 national football associations. Its main objectives, enshrined in its statutes, are to develop football around the world, to stage international competitions and to protect the integrity of football (against match manipulation, doping etc.).
FIFA is a truly diverse, modern and multicultural organisation and its primary purpose is to promote football. Over 800 people from 50 nations – 40 per cent of which are women, including the Secretary General – covering a wide variety of professional profiles, work to fulfil that purpose. FIFA’s headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland. We have other offices in Zurich, as well as temporary offices around the world.
We are 'living football' – we are committed to the game, to the people, to the planet and to the future. It is what we do. It is why we are here.
Our culture is shaped by fair play, team spirit, diversity, sustainability, transparency and innovation. We live by these values. Regardless of race, religion, national origin, colour, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship – we support diversity; indeed, we consider it to be key to our success.
We are looking for talented and motivated team members who would embrace these values every day, with purpose, passion and pride, in order to make a positive impact on the world of football and beyond.
We offer a unique and exciting work environment with great opportunities for your personal and professional development.