Salary: Competitive dependent on experience Hours: Full time Contract Type: Permanent Closing Date: 22nd June 2021 Location: Training Ground, Rush Green, Romford
To assist the Head of Player Care by helping manage the player care provision and be the link between the players and management staff.
• Delegated responsibility for the process of assisting Players allocated by the Head of Player Care for initial relocation requirements for new Players, in terms of hotel accommodation, travel arrangements, housing, schooling, banking arrangements, personal administration, introduction to the local area and being the main point of contact for the Player and family during the integration process.
• Delegated responsibility for the process of assisting Players allocated by the Head of Player Care with accommodation arrangements, arranging property viewings and assisting with the negotiation of rental contracts, assisting with mortgage requirements and documentation and co-ordination of meetings with relevant professional, legal and financial parties.
• Regular communication with Players to ensure that any issues are attended to as and when required in both in a timely manner and a way that is appropriate for both the Player and the Club.
• Provision of ongoing general support and assistance for Players and their family and developing professional relationships based on respect and trust.
• The provision of ongoing assistance to Players in managing key aspects of their personal administration to ensure that all accounts, charges, documentation and records are up to date and clear.
• Attendance on emergency call outs to Players’ properties as needed on a rota basis during office hours.
• Availability of on-call cover on a rota-basis during weekends and Players’ days off.
• Act as the department representative in meetings with the Player Appearance Manager and other internal stakeholders regarding the players’ appearance schedule.
• Provide the players with timely briefings about appearances and ensuring they are at the right location punctually.
• Manage the organisation and allocation of injured/non-selected Players for match day hospitality, commercial and Club media Player appearance activity.
• Availability to manage home game overnight hotel stays as and when required by HOD/Manager.
• Various responsibilities on all home matchdays, including ensuring a positive experience for players’ families.
• Occasional travel to away games if required to cover HOD or to assist with team logistics.
• Lead daily departmental briefing meetings in absence of the HOD.
• Organisation of meetings/working groups, to include the preparation and distribution of agendas and production and circulation of minutes and action points as required.
• Attendance at meetings in place of HOD if needed.
• Liaison with Supporter Services Department to manage, develop and implement an effective process to deal with Players’ fan mail that is compatible with other departments and provides appropriate and timely responses to all communication received.
• Liaison with Players regarding arrangements and welfare when on temporary transfer from the Club and representative on sub-committee monitoring Players out on loan at other clubs.
• Support the Academy welfare staff with the integration and transition of the U23/Development Squad, with particular focus on away travel, trialists and Loan players.
• Liaise with the Men's Academy Safeguarding Manager with all U18 arrangements.
• Organisation of educational sessions for players.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age. 2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
• Experience of working in player or athlete care. (D)
• Experience of working with high profile individuals (E)
• Project management experience (E)
• Extensive administration experience (E)
• Demonstrate suitable awareness and commitment in helping to create and promote an inclusive and safe environment that values all and is considerate of any additional welfare support and learning needs. (E)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E) • Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office (E)
• Have a flexible attitude to work, including attendance at home matches (E)
• Hold current clean driving licence and have use of own vehicle (D)
• Knowledge of foreign languages, spoken and written (D)
• Excellent organisation and time management skills (E)
• Expert problem solver who is calm under pressure (E)
• Ability to work effectively under own initiative and as a team member and to anticipate and prioritise different workloads (E)
• Ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively with various professional disciplines and at all levels of an organisation (E)
• Ability to adapt quickly and have flexible attitude (E)
• Maintain absolute confidentiality (E)
• Be prepared to work, at times, unsociable hours including evenings and weekends and have a willingness to travel (E)
• Possession of a valid passport and comfortable with travelling as required (E)
• Possession of, or able to gain a DBS certificate (E)
Application Deadline: Tuesday 22nd June 2021
Established in 1895. West Ham United Football Club are steeped in Football culture, having homed some of the greatest players in English Football, including 1966 World Cup heroes Geoff Hurst & Bobby name - to name but a few. Whilst the majority of their history was based in The Boleyn Ground - more famously known as Upton Park - in 2016 they moved to the London Stadium, originally constructed as the home of the 2012 Olympic games. West Ham United can now boast one of the most advanced stadiums in the country, offering their support (and staff) some of the best facilities in the country.