An accounts receivables assistant will provide all aspects of accounts receivables work for Chelsea FC Plc and Chelsea FC Foundation. Including:
- Processing Invoice/Credit Notes for all entities in a timely manner.
- Processing bank/cash/cheque receipts through the finance system.
- Performing full debt collection process, including
-Collecting debt via email and telephone
-Generating legal notices
- Compiling aged debtor's analysis
- Ensuring customer due-diligence is performed on new credit term requests
- Communicate with both customers and internal personnel
- Actively participate in the development and updating of finance processes, policies and internal control procedures.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the senior members of the finance department.
- Maintaining a comprehensive list of communications when chasing debts for each customer.
- Liaising with internal legal department to proceed with legal action for bad debts.
- Review aged debtors with Internal Stakeholders and AR & Treasury Manager.
- Maintaining a schedule of periodic invoicing across the group to ensure that deadlines for raising and receiving payments are met.
- Digital invoice filing
- Flexible duties to cover in peak period other team member responsibilities
- Cashiering duties, which includes providing assistance in the cash office
- Balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliation and AR/General Ledger reconciliations
Measures of Performance:
- Achieving all deadlines in a timely manner
- The ageing profile of the debtors
- Achieving the standards required by the auditors
- Individual performance indicators and objectives will be identified for continuous improvement
- Proficient in using accountancy software; experience of using Microsoft Dynamics GP would be an advantage
- Computer literate (sound knowledge of Excel, Word, and Microsoft outlook)
- A good team player with an excellent interpersonal and communication skills - able to build relations with people at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload under pressure while maintaining high work ethics and standard
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to GCSE standard with a minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grade C or above, or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Should be enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Capable of working independently, but also able to be part of a team
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar AR position
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.