Your role will be within the digital project team where you will be responsible for quality assurance and testing of web and mobile applications. You will be delivering change and ensuring all releases meet business requirements, as well as satisfying quality and performance standards. The role requires hands-on test expertise, ability to take the initiative and the experience to develop and evolve our QA and testing processes.
- Working with project teams to define test strategies.
- Working on numerous concurrent projects and managing work/issue logs with teams/developers/suppliers.
- Reviewing and understanding business requirements, user stories and specifications/acceptance criteria; defining test conditions.
- Reviewing supplier test documentation including test scripts and automation scripts.
- Documenting and executing test cases; producing test exit reports; signing-off the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase.
- Documenting defects in a defect management tool (JIRA).
- Reporting the status of defects in a release.
- Providing support for BAU issues, working closely with 3rd party suppliers.
- 4+ years of commercial software testing experience (Web and mobile testing preferred); experience of UAT testing is essential.
- Commercial experience of preparing test documentation including test plans, test scripts, defect reports and progress updates.
- In depth experience of a bug tracking tool – JIRA , Bugzilla or similar.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle - experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of testing API’s is desirable.
- ISEB/ISTQB certification is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding attention to detail, methodical and with excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making Manchester United a leader in the online space. Very organised, with excellent presentation and personal skills.
- High energy, confident and collaborative nature with a good attention to detail and good analysis skills.
- Ambitious with a ‘can do’ attitude, willing to go that extra mile to get results and driven by commercial success.
MUFC Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our work place.