Soccer Operations Support Specialist
• Provide day to day administrative support to implement and explain personnel policies and procedures
• Support and serve as point of contact for legal processes for club employees
• Prepare, maintain, and update employee records
• Serve as point of contact for employee relations issues with the front office and outside organizations
• Support staff relocation in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and league guidelines
• Support staff families during relocation
• Conduct new employee orientations
• Coordinate staff travel, including hotels, flights, ground transportation, and all associated logistical matters
• Plan and provide logistical support for visiting clubs, including booking hotels, scheduling training sessions, and securing ground transportation
• Schedule and coordinate annual combines and tryouts for the club
• Provide administrative support for employee community outreach efforts and related off-field activities
Education and Experience Requirement:
Portland Timbers’ Soccer Operations Personnel Specialist requires, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Sport Management, Business Administration, or a related field and five months of experience working in team administration in professional sports. This experience may include full time professional and/or internship positions.
Special skills or other requirements:
Frequent national travel and occasional international travel is required to fulfill the duties of this position
The Portland Timbers enter their 11th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2021. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.