The Oberlin College Department of Athletics & Physical Education invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach of Women’s Soccer. This is a 12-month position reporting to the Director of Athletics and Physical Education and working with the Head Coach of Women’s Soccer.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of coaching, recruiting and administering the women’s soccer program. Specific responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
(1) assist in design and execution of daily training sessions;
(2) assist in development of team tactics and match analysis;
(3) assist in managing year round strength and conditioning program;
(4) assist in national recruitment of qualified student athletes;
(5) assist in any administrative duties as assigned;
(6) assist in maintaining team’s social media presence;
(7) ability to train goalkeepers is a bonus but not required.
(8) A secondary responsibility in the department will be assigned as well.
Bachelor’s degree required, two years coaching and/or relevant competitive experience preferred; solid administrative skills and the ability to motivate staff and volunteers to achieve administrative goals; excellent written and oral communication skills; basic familiarity, appreciation and empathy with the role of intercollegiate athletics and its relationship to the College, and the capacity to articulate that role and interact comfortably with those individuals and constituency groups (student-athletes, alumni, coaches, parents, etc.) crucial to the advancement of athletics at Oberlin College; high motivation with a capacity for independent work within the context of an intensely goal-oriented environment.