MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
● Provide key workflow systems to support the technical infrastructure of Chelsea TV.
● Technical lead for new technology projects. Assist and support the Head of Content & Production in project management and delivery.
● Efficient management of day to day post-production systems, support workflows, and delivery of matchday content.
● Key contact with the Digital Product team about live streaming and video player provisions, understanding the club's digital strategy.
● Key contact with the IT department concerning technical requirements for all systems - streaming, video storage, video editing, networks.
● Local IT strategy, infrastructure, networking and technical support.
● Management of the flow of content and relevant metadata between Chelsea FC and third parties.
● Liaison with key agencies/partners to drive value and innovation.
● Work and inform budgets to develop existing workflows and maintain/upgrade existing facilities.
● Investigate, research and develop new technology opportunities.
● Team and stakeholder management.
● Implementation of support models and contracts.
● Oversee signal acquisition and distribution.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
● Meet content delivery deadlines.
● Successful systems design, delivery & management allowing content KPI's to be met.
● A minimum of 5 years' experience in a technology lead role.
● A sound understanding of Project Management principles and experience in executing them.
● Experience and in-depth knowledge of delivery of content across owned and third-party digital channels.
● Key understanding of social media strategy.
● Technology lead with experience in managing media technology and broadcast systems.
● Managerial skills - ability to lead, motivate and organise a technology team to deliver and achieve the objectives of the football club.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.