Our Commercial & Marketing Team are primarily responsible for generating the revenue that fuels our football strategies and creating positive engagement of our football activities with stakeholders.
Reporting to the Commercial & Marketing Director, the Sales Manager is responsible for leading an outperforming Sales team that achieves revenue targets with great professionalism, efficiency and budgeted ‘cost of sale’ through both existing and new distribution channels.
Club Ireland is our Premium Level season ticket aimed at both personal and corporate members – we also generate match sales from Corporate Boxes, hospitality, group and individual match tickets
The Sales Manager will be both a strategic thinker and great networker, continually looking to evaluate and improve sales processes, customer service and identify new revenue opportunities
The successful candidate will understand what motivates customers (private & corporate) to buy and know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way.
- Leadership and performance management of the Sales and Ticket Operations Team
- Designing and implementing innovative sales strategies and executing a sales & distribution plan that delivers against sales and ticketing targets
- Maximise revenue through our product portfolio of Club Ireland, Corporate Boxes, Group Ticket Sales and innovative match day hospitality sales
- Continuously improving the Sales Process through Salesforce.com
- Building great relationships with Corporates that associate with Football in Ireland
- New ways of delivering excellent customer service for all customers and stakeholders
- New product development in conjunction with the Ticketing Operations Manager
- Manage any external third party sales and event support e.g. telesales agencies, hospitality
- Deliver timely and accurate sales reports to Senior Leadership Team
- Setting individual sales targets with the sales team.
- Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation.
- The ongoing training of your salespeople.
- Developing your sales team through motivation, counselling and training
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A relevant Degree i.e. Business Administration, Marketing
Key Skills and Experience Required
- An excellent record of sales management, team leadership, setting and achieving sales goals
- Two to three years of experience as Sales Team manager
- Three to five years of Sales experience including ideally B2B
- Fantastic negotiation, conflict resolution and influencing skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills up to C Suite Level
- Proven track record of positive sales performance
- Outperforming team leadership skills including setting and achieving sales objectives and promoting an environment and culture of constantly learning
- Highly results focused with a winning mind set and can do attitude
- A strong business acumen with a good network of business contacts
- A natural way of building relationships with people up to CEO level of large Companies
- Intimate knowledge of efficient sales processes and distribution channels
- A full appreciation of cost of sale and managing budgets
- A proactive, can-do approach with a passion and enthusiasm for sport
- Proven ability to work within a cross functional team environment
- Mentoring and sales coaching skills