West Ham United Women are seeking a committed, enthusiastic and reliable GK coach to lead and develop their expanding Academy programme. Successful applicants will be responsible for delivering high quality football sessions for the afternoon-based Academy as well as leading on Match days in the fixture timetable.
You will work closely with all technical, physical, education, and Lifestyle staff to contribute to WHU Women’s Academy mission of facilitating positive holistic experiences, raising aspirations and achievement amongst young people and promoting individual success, as well as facilitating the development of all goalkeepers within the academy with the aim to prepare for 1st team football.
|To plan, deliver and review training for the U21/U18 goalkeepers on Mon, Tue, Thur afternoons, keeping in-line with the academy coaching and playing philosophy.
• Attend fixtures with U21s throughout the season (Wed), managing warm up and preparation for goalkeepers selected and assisting with general match day set ups.
• To conduct group, unit and individual video analysis sessions with support from Head Coaches and Academy Analysts.
• To monitor and evaluate players development and create individual player reports using Academy Individual Development Plan processes.
• To provide quarterly reports and reviews for goalkeepers, ensuring parents are a part of the process.
• To ensure Academy Manager is kept up to date and informed on all matters.
• To ensure that you adhered to the Academy Codes of Conduct, as well as ensuring all goalkeepers are adhering to players code of conducts.
• Understand the rules and regulations relating to Women’s Academy football.
• Any other task which is deemed necessary by the Academy as it grows.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
|The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education / Qualifications / Experience:
• FA Football Goalkeeper Coaching Qualification Level 2 (E)
• UEFA B Goalkeeper Coaching Qualification (D)
• FA Youth Modules 1&2 (D)
• FA Youth Award (D)
• Experience of working within a professional football environment (E)
• Ability to effectively manage player, parent and staff relationships (E)
• To be presentable at all times when working and demonstrate that you can represent the brand of the club in the manner expected (E)
• Emergency First Aid Certificate and Safeguarding Awareness Training (E)
• Member of FA Licenced Coaches Club or relevant awarding body (E)
• Full UK Driving license (D)
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge
• Demonstrate an understanding of mentoring (E)
• Demonstrate a good understanding of how to engage young people (E)
• Demonstrate an understanding of teaching and increasing learning within young people (E)
• Demonstrate an understanding of delivering a progressive curriculum (E)
• ICT Literate (E)
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills, which are culturally competent (E)
• To be reliable and punctual (E)
• Flexible working in accordance with the requirements of the service which will include working afternoons and weekends where applicable. (E)
Commitment to develop and improve own performance and CPD (E)
• Ability to work independently, line manage, supervise and motivate team members (E)
• Strong commitment to quality service delivery (E)
• Have the commitment to be a part of a rapidly growing programme, with the enthusiasm to contribute to the growth, whilst adopting an open-minded approach.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.