|- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the well-being of Academy players always liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Implementation of the coaching syllabus for the U17-U18 age groups as per the APP.
- Provide a health check / update on coaching cell operations in each 10/20/30/40 week coaching meeting.
- To provide leadership and guidance to the inter-disciplinary team, players and parents.
- Liaison with U23 Team Manager and Head of the Professional Development Phase to ensure smooth running of daily activities.
- Conduct regular inter -disciplinary team meetings for the U18 group within the Professional Development Phase to ensure clarity on priorities, processes, schedules, players and KPI’s.
- Undertake a coach development role with the coaching programme in liaison with the Head of Coaching.
- Management of the fixture programme for the U18 Group in line with the KPI’s.
- Lead on the management and coordination of logistics to promote a self sufficient culture.
- Updating external development and international activities within players performance clock.
- To ensure that the Club’s PMA is kept up-to-date for the U17-U18 groups.
- To manage access and promote use of PMA for U18 players.
- Identify areas for development and work closely with the Academy Management Team, inter-disciplinary teams to ensure necessary performance standards are met and developed.
- Attendance at senior leadership meetings as requested.
- To be aware of the PL/FL YD rules and requirements relating to the Youth Development Phase.
- Submission of the relevant information to update and produce the yearly APP and Academy Website.
|PERSON SPECIFICATION (ESSENTIALS)|
- Collaborative, Inspirational and knowledgeable Coach.
- Previous experience leading elite groups and teams in an Academy setting.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring players through or into the Professional Development Phase.
- UEFA A Licence / Advanced Youth Award.
- Competent user of Powerpoint, Word, Excel and PMA.
- Excellent interpersonal skills be adaptable to work with staff and player across departments.
- Ability to work under pressure and willing to work unsociable hours.
- Organised, methodical and logical approach to work.
- Competent presentation skills, in building and delivering relevant information.
- Driving Licence.